Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to sleep on my back?
RE: How to sleep on my back?
I wanted to try to do this as well, and I am a side sleeper, however I was getting leaks as I rolled on my side. I bought a wedge pillow and put my other pillow on top of that, and I was able to pretty much stay there. My sleep study was off the charts with Apnea while sleeping on my back and they RX a pressure of 17. Well, not so much, my AHI was 10 ++++++++++. Now, with the wedge pillow and lower pressure of 6, my AHI last night was 1.0, leaks were minimal with the P10 nasal mask. I hope this is a trend. Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to sleep on my back?
(03-10-2014, 11:28 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Robysue, yeah, sadly, I'm being treated for it. I have a condition (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type) that causes chronic pain. I have some disc issues in several places in my back but they (the docs) are hesitant to do anything just yet.
As relates to inflammatory disorders of the spine and discogenic pain, I'd suggest that you explore Class IV "cold" laser therapy such as is offered by LiteCure & K-Laser devices.

Click for LiteCure. Click to locate a LiteCure service provider in your area.

And don't overlook the informative vids and therapy laser discussion in LiteCure's pet owner's section. Click for pet owner's section.

K-Laser is another manufacturer of popular therapy laser devices. Click here for the K-Laser website. Click here to find a K-Laser service provider.

This relatively new, unconventional, and non-destructive technology is backed by a prodigious amount of science - otherwise I would not have one in my veterinary practice. To wit, I and my errant lumbar bulgers, arthritic joints, and plantar fascia are regularly illuminated with dramatic success whenever they reenter warpath mode start to bite. The machines enjoy widespread use in sports medicine and I doubt that there are many if any professional or college sports teams that do not have them on ready alert in their locker rooms.

The only caveats I would add is that one should never intentionally illuminate an area of known or suspect malignancy with this form of therapy and don't be surprised if your insurance company's bean counters balk at coverage as they insist on perpetually classifying this mode of therapy as "experimental" which makes no sense to me because the machine is a capital expense investment bargain in any clinical environment where it is used with reasonable frequency when out-of-pocket patient payment is in play.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 203 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,409 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 593 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.