Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Circadience Advance Cloth Mask
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: How to sleep on my back?
I wanted to try to do this as well, and I am a side sleeper, however I was getting leaks as I rolled on my side. I bought a wedge pillow and put my other pillow on top of that, and I was able to pretty much stay there. My sleep study was off the charts with Apnea while sleeping on my back and they RX a pressure of 17. Well, not so much, my AHI was 10 ++++++++++. Now, with the wedge pillow and lower pressure of 6, my AHI last night was 1.0, leaks were minimal with the P10 nasal mask. I hope this is a trend. Hope that helps.
04-12-2014 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
critterdoc Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Testing ResMed AirFit N10 Wide
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-14 cm/H20
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: Hosed ~ 1 year

Sex: Male

RE: How to sleep on my back?
(03-10-2014 11:28 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Robysue, yeah, sadly, I'm being treated for it. I have a condition (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type) that causes chronic pain. I have some disc issues in several places in my back but they (the docs) are hesitant to do anything just yet.
As relates to inflammatory disorders of the spine and discogenic pain, I'd suggest that you explore Class IV "cold" laser therapy such as is offered by LiteCure & K-Laser devices.

Click for LiteCure. Click to locate a LiteCure service provider in your area.

And don't overlook the informative vids and therapy laser discussion in LiteCure's pet owner's section. Click for pet owner's section.

K-Laser is another manufacturer of popular therapy laser devices. Click here for the K-Laser website. Click here to find a K-Laser service provider.

This relatively new, unconventional, and non-destructive technology is backed by a prodigious amount of science - otherwise I would not have one in my veterinary practice. To wit, I and my errant lumbar bulgers, arthritic joints, and plantar fascia are regularly illuminated with dramatic success whenever they reenter warpath mode start to bite. The machines enjoy widespread use in sports medicine and I doubt that there are many if any professional or college sports teams that do not have them on ready alert in their locker rooms.

The only caveats I would add is that one should never intentionally illuminate an area of known or suspect malignancy with this form of therapy and don't be surprised if your insurance company's bean counters balk at coverage as they insist on perpetually classifying this mode of therapy as "experimental" which makes no sense to me because the machine is a capital expense investment bargain in any clinical environment where it is used with reasonable frequency when out-of-pocket patient payment is in play.
04-12-2014 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BiPAP ST Rx: Back up rate=0 jgoole 3 178 10-10-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  was diagnosed with apnea 10 years ago.... last sleep study came back negative LB1982 13 842 10-08-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: lab rat
  My AHI keeps going back up :/ michaelba72 15 663 10-04-2016 01:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Machine turning self off and back on rstroudmsdwc 33 12,802 10-01-2016 08:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Symptoms] Fake or real OA - back sleep and diaphragm breathing jm54 1 187 09-15-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: chill
  Help getting my AHIs back down below 3 Jeffo1 7 388 09-15-2016 05:07 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 8 528 09-11-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: okieman