Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to talk & even drink, with your mask on?
(06-24-2015, 08:43 AM)Ailu Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 02:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leak prevention comes from the contact of your tongue with the roof of your mouth. You can eventually learn to talk, drink and control the air pressure. Learning can be pretty funny, and produce noises you've not heard before.

Okay I didn't want to hijack another person's thread, so I parted Sleeprider's post here onto a new thread.

This is fascinating to me. During my titration, when I tried to talk with my nasal mask on, the only audible thing I could produce was gasps of air! I don't see how it is possible to talk at all with the machine running. And it was one of the things that concerned me... am I gonna have to take this mask off every time I need to tell hubby or the dog something?

So, how many of you have figured out how to talk & drink with your mask on? And was there anything special you figured out, that helped you be able to do this? All advice & tips greatly appreciated! Smile

I talk and drink with my nasal mask on but not everyone can. I think part of it depends on the nasal mask. My thought and suggestion is that if you can't talk with the mask on, maybe try turning the machine off. You probably could just take the hose off but I wouldn't suggest that as the machine will still be on. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk About Tearing Your Mask Off!!! PaytonA 9 1,161 10-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Last Post: DWaldman
  All this talk about leaks - nostalgia OMyMyOHellYes 2 799 03-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
Exclaimation T.E.D Talk by Jeff Iliff "One more reason to get a good night's sleep." MAPnea 1 1,261 10-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Last Post: JimZZZ
  P10 Pillow talk... wrangler 4 1,418 10-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: herbm
  [News] The Scientifically Best Time to Drink Coffee cbramsey 11 3,060 11-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Bompa
  Radio Talk show on sleep apnea grumpycat 2 6,119 09-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Last Post: JJJ