Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to tell if my computer has a "reader"
How to tell if my computer has a "reader"
Hi all. I have downloaded "sleephead" into my computer. I have a Resmed S9 Elite. When I put my memory card into my computer it says data can not be found...there is no folder. How do I tell if that is because I do not have a "reader" or not. I can put my memory card from my camera in, and it works. Thanks for any info!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to tell if my computer has a "reader"
I don,t use SH but may be this might help
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl..._Questions

[if no data displayed on the machine screen than the sleep quality in clinical menu is set to usage instead to ON - change it]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 05:36 AM)kitley Wrote: Hi all. I have downloaded "sleephead" into my computer. I have a Resmed S9 Elite. When I put my memory card into my computer it says data can not be found...there is no folder.

When you tell SleepyHead to import the data you have to tell it where it's located. You have to point it to the drive that contains the folder named "P-Series". Do not point it to the P-Series folder itself.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk and Sleepster...I will check out the link, and try to point. Pretty much computer illiterate here...lol. Zonk, the info does appear on my CPAP machine, so all is good there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah...got it to download, and now, to figure what it all means. My data shows that I have central apneas as well as obstructive, and hypoxias...is this the norm for most people or does it mean I suffer grom both OA and CA?
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressure goes much higher than yours and don,t get any central very often. Whats the AHI and the breakdown, you can check for any period (day, week, month..) at the machine sleep report. If AHI below 5 its not a problem if ts stay high over a month or so then need to investigate further by the doc but if not may be aliens and also the machine cannot tell if you,re awake or asleep it just flag events as it see them even if you,re awake. Leak can mess up with the data if high.
Post Reply Post Reply
For future reference, the integrated card readers do not need a 'reader'. It may need a driver but your computer would have installed that automatically as soon as you booted it up with the card reader installed. It's the same with the CD drive.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The last 30 days were....AHI 0.60, Average Leaks 6.46, 95% Leaks 25.20. I use nasal pillows and I know I am having trouble with them...they wake me up a lot. But, on the whole, I now feel amazingly rested, and seldom nap anymore. I know the AHI results are amazing, but don't know how to interpret the leaks...if they are good or bad. This Tuesday I go back for a follow up with the sleep Dr. According to my CPAP provider though, he will not take the time to even review my data, so not really even sure why I need to go ...other than $$$ for him for a followup visit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 04:18 PM)kitley Wrote: The last 30 days were....AHI 0.60, Average Leaks 6.46, 95% Leaks 25.20. I use nasal pillows and I know I am having trouble with them...they wake me up a lot. But, on the whole, I now feel amazingly rested, and seldom nap anymore. I know the AHI results are amazing, but don't know how to interpret the leaks...if they are good or bad.

Leaks of under 30 L/min mean that the machine can still deliver effective therapy. You are in great shape.

Congrats

With an AHI that low, you don't need to worry about OA's, CA's, or hypopneas. It's normal to have a few of these, and you are having far less than a few!

Quote:This Tuesday I go back for a follow up with the sleep Dr. According to my CPAP provider though, he will not take the time to even review my data, so not really even sure why I need to go ...other than $$$ for him for a followup visit.

It's probably required by your insurance company. If I were you I'd email the contents of your data card to your CPAP provider and insist that he send a report to your doctor before your appointment.

Make it clear that that's the level of service you expect them to provide.

If they refuse, just tell them that you're "very disappointed" and report it to your insurance company. Also, find out what the replacement cycle is for your equipment and hold them to it. For example, you should be getting a new hose and mask every 3 months, and new pillows more often than that. Find out, as different insurance companies have different replacement schedules, and make sure they provide the services they're responsible for providing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help Sleepster. My insurance company says they will not cover any CPAP equipment. My union is looking into it. Also, I am sure you are correct regarding the follow up appointment. Our Ohip pays a percent for CPAP insurance, and likely it does require a follow up....I had not thought of that. My CPAP equipment provider did offer to provide a report and fax it to the sleep Dr...but she says he does not even look at it. But, as I said ...at least she and I will know where we are at and if things are going well, or anything needs adjusted. So far, I am really pleased with her, and she goes over and above what I would expect of her...at no cost to me. I would much rather deal with her then the Dr....to the extend that her scope of practice allows, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 974 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  [Equipment] Trouble connecting oximeter to computer Smitharbie 9 8,417 06-10-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New user both CPAP/OSCAR and computer Seabee211 6 508 02-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Seabee211
  P-SERIES DIRECTORY IN MY COMPUTER caribsun 1 566 08-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card Reader jewelsav 13 3,586 03-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: gaharv00
  Help w Oscar and results, computer illiterate Elgeeone 12 1,222 09-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Purchasing external SD card reader Sleepgains 8 1,167 03-13-2020, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Sleepgains

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.