Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to test heated tube Airsense 10
How to test heated tube Airsense 10
I have a resmed Airsense 10 and replaced the heated hose in December.  It seems to be raining out on me a lot and I think it is not working.  Should it feel warm to the touch at 84 degrees?  Also is there a way to test to see if the problem is the tube or the CPAP machine?  I have to unplug the airsense once in a while for a few minutes because the humidifier is not heating.  I am hoping I don't have a cpap going bad, they are not cheap.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to test heated tube Airsense 10
I found the heated hose seems to get warm to the touch from a cold state. I believe it should be noticeable. Also I think you can test it with an ohm meter. What value the resistance should be, I don't know that. If you get open though, the wire is broken. This is just to test the hose BTW. Try touching the end terminals with the meter probes and the hose not connected to the machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue with my new Airsense. I have humidity set to 6 and tube temp at 27C. Room temp drops to around 15C in the early hours and I too get rain out. I should test the tube but, being only a few weeks old, I'd be surprised if it's faulty. The tube never feels warm though.

I have ordered a sleeve to help keep it warm. I don't want to decrease the humidity because, even using the current 'wet' settings and despite the fact that the tank is almost completely empty each morning, I still suffer a little from dry mouth and sinuses (FFM).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2020, 12:05 AM)parrst Wrote: I have a resmed Airsense 10 and replaced the heated hose in December.  It seems to be raining out on me a lot and I think it is not working.  Should it feel warm to the touch at 84 degrees?  Also is there a way to test to see if the problem is the tube or the CPAP machine?  I have to unplug the airsense once in a while for a few minutes because the humidifier is not heating.  I am hoping I don't have a cpap going bad, they are not cheap.

Bob

Hey Bob! Anything that is 84 degrees is about 14 degrees below body temperature, so it's not going to feel warm at all, but not cold. If you have a multi-meter, I can get you specs to measure across the contacts, but I'm not going to look it up unless you need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2020, 05:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 12:05 AM)parrst Wrote: I have a resmed Airsense 10 and replaced the heated hose in December.  It seems to be raining out on me a lot and I think it is not working.  Should it feel warm to the touch at 84 degrees?  Also is there a way to test to see if the problem is the tube or the CPAP machine?  I have to unplug the airsense once in a while for a few minutes because the humidifier is not heating.  I am hoping I don't have a cpap going bad, they are not cheap.

Bob

Hey Bob! Anything that is 84 degrees is about 14 degrees below body temperature, so it's not going to feel warm at all, but not cold. If you have a multi-meter, I can get you specs to measure across the contacts, but I'm not going to look it up unless you need it.

Yes please and if you know, how can I make sure the Airsense is working properly?  Also there are thee pins, do you know which pins and I checking?  I do know how to use a meter, just not which pins  lol

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know if there is anyone who does repairs on these things?

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
A heated tube costs $29 to $35 and no one repairs them. A few years ago, with the contacts up and the hose going away from you, there is 10 ohms between the center and the right side, measured on my 200 ohm scale. Using the continuity/diode setting, I measured 1744 ohms between the left contact and either of the others. The polarity of the probes didn't make any difference, and when I used the 2K scale, it showed open circuit, again regardless of the probe polarity. I might check again on a new sealed tube I have, but if you show continuity, it's a good tube. If not, the cheapes option is replacement. Search Airsense 10 ClimateLine Tube.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I meant does anyone repair the Airsense.  I think my tube is fine.  Not looking forward to buying a $900 device.  Probably more if I have to go through a company my insurance will cover.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
'First, does the machne recognize the ClimateLine tube? In settings, the ClimateLine is automatically detected and you cannot select alternative tube types. If that is working, the circuit is probably fine. There are authorized repair companies, and they can give you a quote for repair before you send it in. I have not heard of the heated tube failing at the machine. Supplier #27 may be helpful. I would probably just get a fleece CPAP tube cover and see if that solves the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
There was a report of the heated tube not working on someone’s spare machine that was resolved by reconnecting the brown ribbon cable shown here top right by the black circular buzzer. In that case the heated hose was not recognised.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22223]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 83 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 209 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 878 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.