Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to view leak stats?
How to view leak stats?
I don't see my leak stats, what am I missing here?

I am using ResScan (thanks for that by the way!) and under options>summary graph range, I see "leak" with the ranges fields set at 0-40

Thanks, Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to view leak stats?
Hi rjfoy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be able to answer your questions soon.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish. I'll bet I'm missing something pretty simple but ....
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure this is the issue, but make sure you have "ALL DATA" selected, as described in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...398#pid398
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RJ--
As already mentioned, make sure you have ALL DATA selected. You might also download the Sleepyhead software (it's free). While it shows the same basic data, I like the way it displays better.
You show your equipment as ResMed s9, but which type of s9: AutoSet, Elite, Escape, Escape Auto?
Some machines are not data capable.
Each mask has a certain intentional leak rate..that's EXTRA air being pumped in that they PLAN on going out the ports to take the CO2 out with it. (That's why, on the ResMed, you tell it what type of mask you are using.)
The ResMed will deduct the intentional leak from the total leak and the final graph will only show excess.
Google Sleepyhead Software. Once you have it downloaded, see if you don't like it better than ResScan. It CERTAINLY shows leaks...but as with the ResScan, be sure you are choosing to include ALL DATA and high resolution graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2013, 05:49 AM)rjfoy Wrote: I don't see my leak stats, what am I missing here?

I am using ResScan (thanks for that by the way!) and under options>summary graph range, I see "leak" with the ranges fields set at 0-40

Thanks, Bob
Next to stop/start button shows the model name
As you,re using auto range setting ... your S9 either AutoSet or Escape Auto
AutoSet full data capable machine ... Escape Auto is not (no leak data or AHI breakdown of apnea events)

[If yours is "AutoSet" version, make sure sleep quality set to on otherwise if set to usage ... no efficacy data]

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is an Escape Auto EPR so that explains the no leak data! I am going to take a look at the SleepyHead software regardless. I'm new to all of this - started on Jan 23d - and have learned a good bit from this board so thanks to all the posters.

I'm trying to get my head around the inconsistent API numbers which have ranged from 10 to 1.9. I think some of it is just caused by inconsistent sleep hygiene but what I do know is the days that I'm ~2.0 I feel much better than those 4+ days.

Thanks again - sleep tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2013, 06:56 PM)rjfoy Wrote: Mine is an Escape Auto EPR so that explains the no leak data! I am going to take a look at the SleepyHead software regardless.
Escape Auto does not store any efficacy data or high resolution data on the SD card
See "Specifications" for comparison: http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Also no mask fit feature, no central apnea detection or enhanced autoset ... so basically its an enhanced brick but still a brick

Your supplier stuffed up and gave the cheaper one just to make few more dollars
Talk to them and your doctor to have the machine replaced with the AutoSet
Don,t get stuck with this machine for the next 5 years, some members end up buying AutoSet out of pockets

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, your DME supplier stuck you with a low-end "dumb brick" instead of a fully-data-capable CPAP machine. I'd take it back and demand the AutoSet or at least the S9 Elite which offers data capability.

See Archangle's article on CPAP choices and recommendations, here on our wiki:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Question about the link indicator on the S9 - Elite My leak number is around 10L/min to 12L/min I use the ResMed Mirage FX which seems very comfortable and does not seem to leak as bad as my old mask. Are these numbers in the normal range? Cant seem to find any data on what the numbers should be. My AHI has been ranging from .3 to .7 max which seems really good and i do always get the Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 59 45 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 245 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 147 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 357 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.