Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to work out the correct pressure required ?
How to work out the correct pressure required ?
Hello, 

I am trying to find out what pressure will suit best to an individual. He was using an Devilbiss Intellipap machine and had set the minimum pressure to 5 (who knows why). Average AHI was around 8 ish (given the machine gives a code which needs to be looked up on Intellipaps website). So, we set his pressure to a min of 7 and the AHI has been averaging around 5.5 with a much better quality of sleep over the past few weeks. This weekend I lent my machine to him and with a min pressure of 7 we got an AHI of 4.29 - assuming I was on the right track - the next night we bumped it up to 8. The AHI dropped to 4.02. But other events popped up. I have attached both night's charts. I'd be grateful if you could please give your opinion on what would be the right way to self titrate and find out what works ? Sadly, I can only lend my machine over the weekend so we have only two days a week to give it a go.

https://imgur.com/a/BxMfj
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to work out the correct pressure required ?
As long as the pressure is not bothering the person, I would suggest raising the pressure to 9. The AHI is dominated by hypopneas, indicating that the pressure is too low.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your second link didn't work out so good, but you're a member and could just embed the image. The first one is below, and if second one resembles this, the events are still all hypopnea with a couple OA and some snores. Typical for Dreamstation, this is obstructive. Either keep increasing pressure, or get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (See Amazon at $440). The Philips is pretty reluctant to increase pressure but the Resmed gets it before the apnea happen. I would take this to 9.0-13 and see i it get a bit better.

[Image: znQRyVS.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find information about how to set a machine here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
That is also where you can get the clinician manual for his machine since you will need to know how to get into that menu to change the pressure.

And here is advice on how to change the pressure your/his self:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

Mostly you will need patience and, if the machine is data capable, you will need SleepyHead.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies.
Here are the charts again :

With min 7 : https://imgur.com/znQRyVS

With min 8 : https://imgur.com/W4bGZcl
Post Reply Post Reply
A comment. We will be able to dial your friend in on Your machine. You are using EPR of 2 on your machine. Though EPR is considered a comfort setting it does have an impact on therapy. You NEED to make sure the the DV machine is set up in a similar manner EZ Flex of 2? not sure of the DV term.

The best results will be obtained by looking at the Intelepap charts.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 580 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Advice required regarding data Mjfbeeslaar 4 376 12-28-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,433 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  CPAP Settings correct? nickng33 1 407 11-21-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 421 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep test Required/Mandatory ??? dalabera 9 742 10-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 901 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.