Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to you prevent water build up in your hose
RE: How to you prevent water build up in your hose
if not using the humidifier than the condensation is moisture from her breath
mask liner would help absorb some of the moisture and some keep a small towel handy at the nightstand to wipe face
she could try get a small hose (and insulated it) placed between the mask and the hose
turn the fans off or at least one

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2012, 07:24 PM)mikael26288 Wrote: I just talked to my sister and found out that she is not using her humidifier anymore, she has even removed it from her CPAP machine.
She is still getting water.

She thinks that her breathing is hot and causing water to build up in her mask. When she turns over, that is when the water ends up running into her nose.

Her machine is also below head level by about a foot or more.

Yup. This happens to me a lot. It happens so much, I barely wake up. The only time I do is when it is a big drop and it goes down one nostril. It burns!

She could fashion a little snuggie blanket for the mask. Keep it warm so the moisture doesn't condense.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was getting condensation right at the elbow that attaches to my nasal pillow. It would blow out the holes and into my face.
Didn't see condensation anywhere else in the hose. I bought one of those "snuggle hose covers. Have used it 4 nights now - no condensation at all - very happy with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2012, 07:24 PM)mikael26288 Wrote: I just talked to my sister and found out that she is not using her humidifier anymore, she has even removed it from her CPAP machine.

She thinks that her breathing is hot and causing water to build up in her mask. When she turns over, that is when the water ends up running into her nose.

Same thing is happening to me. Let me know if she finds an answer! Huh

~Joy
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2014, 04:02 PM)joymor Wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. Let me know if she finds an answer! Huh

~Joy
Hi joymor,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a hose cover and see if that will help.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem with my Zest Q mask but I was using a humidifier. The Zest mask seems to me to condense water vapor more and make it more unpleasant than other masks that I have tried (not really all that many). With the Zest mask when I would get condensation it would drop right into my nose which I found very bothersome. Made me feel like the mask was trying to drown me. Another problem with the mask in this respect is that the mask portion is kind of a dead end allowing moisture to build up in this dead end area and condense on the cool mask wall next to it.

With all that said, with no humidifier, the moisture in the air must be coming from her and/or the air in the room. To cause the condensation the room air must be cool and it would be exacerbated by a fan blowing on her. Several possible solutions that I can see. Make a cozy for the mask making sure not to cover the vent holes. Redirect or turn off any fans. Increase the room temperature. One other thing that might help a little is to remove the filter material that covers the vents on the elbow. This material is put there solely to diffuse and quiet the exhaust from the vent. To remove it you need to pull the plastic grid that holds it in place. I would remove the material and then put the grid back on in case you want to use the diffusion material later when the weather is warmer.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have same problem and took humidifier off my machine and still have same problem
Post Reply Post Reply
apnea man,

Do you use a hose cover?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2014, 07:58 PM)apnea man Wrote: I have same problem and took humidifier off my machine and still have same problem
Hi apnea man
I've replied to your other post, here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-mornings

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.