Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How warm do heated hoses get?
RE: How warm do heated hoses get?
cpap is like a nose amplifier. You smell everything in the bedroom (sometimes the whole house).
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 12:10 AM)chill Wrote: Thanks for all of the replies. It seems that the machine and hose are operating as expected. I did reduce the humidity to 2. I prefer more humidity but listening to the water droplets bounce in the tube and 1/2 tsp or so of water on my face keeps me awake. If the lower humidity does not work or is too dry I will try insulating the hose.

I was told by my supplier to not put the machine lower than my head. I also have the hose held up over my head with a hose stand.

I don't think it is a setting mistake. The hose heat setting only appears when I plug the hose in. Both the hose temperature and humidity settings go from 1-5 on the DreamStation. I checked the clinician manual did not see a PRS1 humidity mode.

Unless the Dreamstation cannot be operated with a standard unheated hose, which I doubt, it does have PRS1 humidity mode. That is the mode it would run in without a heated hose.
Just go into regular set up menu and see if heated hose is turned on or off.
Dont have to go into clinical settings to switch modes or turn heated hose off and on.

If the hose is on and working and I was getting any moisture in the hose at all with a PR machine id take it back and demand a new machine because something is not right with that one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then I am pretty sure it is not in PRS1 mode. The hose heat setting icon does not appear until I plug in a heated hose. I got a replacement machine today and asked my therapist about the rain-out. She said that my hose heat and humidity settings were too far apart (humidity 3, hose 5). That did not make any sense to me, but I am tired today. We will see how the new one works.

Thank you for all of your advice, I do appreciate it.

Post Reply Post Reply
It may seem like a good idea to “customize” my PIRIT product to meet a certain need, Do not cut or alter your PIRIT Heated Hose. Any attempt to do so will void the warranty and could make my electrical product unsafe to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2016, 12:26 AM)chill Wrote: Then I am pretty sure it is not in PRS1 mode. The hose heat setting icon does not appear until I plug in a heated hose. I got a replacement machine today and asked my therapist about the rain-out. She said that my hose heat and humidity settings were too far apart (humidity 3, hose 5). That did not make any sense to me, but I am tired today. We will see how the new one works.

Thank you for all of your advice, I do appreciate it.

Your right it doesnt make sense because she doesnt know what she is tslking about.

You should be able to run hose 1 to 5 as you choose with humidity max 3. And have a dry hose, period.
PRS1 mode will rain out if humidty is set high and room temp is pretty cool.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 156 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,008 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 649 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 396 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,372 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 695 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 561 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.