Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Howdy fellow Hose Heads! Doc is tweaking my settings
Grin 
Howdy fellow Hose Heads! Doc is tweaking my settings
I've not posted in a bit but maybe some remember me Smile
I was last still having some issues with my AHI

After 2 weeks of 100% days of no leaks my AHI was swinging from 3.6 to 20
Average of 6 - 9

My compliance is 99% 4>

I have not rested well with exception of a few days since starting therapy close to 2 months.

I wake numerous times throughout the night, often to use bathroom - I am waking more since on therapy than I was before Oh-jeez

Sleep doc is having my machine set to auto at a setting of 5 - 15 and revisit in 30 days.

The med supply people/ RT lost my last card ! Yes they LOST it! They came up with one brief sheet to give my Dr and honestly I'm not even sure it was my info as it did not line up with mine on hand.

Doc and I discussed this and I told him about the soft wear I am using and ask his thoughts. He was very happy that I am participating in my therapy and even ask for me to bring copies for him to look at my next visit, rather than us depending on the med supply people. All they seem to focus on is compliance anyway, and the software as y'all know is much more detail that can help my Doc.
I told him I was happy he was not upset with me doing this and he smiled and said hey, it's the future! He is such a great guy I'm blessed to have him!

Ill update at my progress - wish me well and sound sleep!!

Sleep-well

Your hose head buddy :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Howdy fellow Hose Heads! Doc is tweaking my settings
Hi MsDixie,
Sounds like you have a GREAT Dr.
Maybe with his help, you can find pressure settings that will work for you.
Thanks for posting your update, good to hear from you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back MsDixie!

Med supply lost your card hmm?
It's hard to find good help, isn't it?
*nods*
I would lean on them hard though. It's not like you can get with Sherman & Mr. Peabody, take the Wayback machine back in time
to re-acquire all that data.
...Boneheads...

Hope it all works out ok for you though, glad the Doc is working with you on this project.

Cheers & Good Luck as always!

Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks good to hear from y'all

They did pull the last week on my current card and had the first 14 days of my use but lost a critical month of data from in between. Their one sheet report repressed entire period..
I have encore software it shows day by day and charts doc is more interested in this info and me too.
I think it is so incompetent #1 for them to have lost my card! And #2 the only report they provide is a one sheet summery of over all average. I'm not satisfied with that as if I have AHI of 20 one night and 3 the next I want to know why and how to fix it!

Med supply and the RT is totally unimportant to me from here on,I only need to hear from them when my Doc has changed something or I need supply's. from what I've read it's hard to find a good one so since my Doc will treat by my reports, I'm not wasting my time with them, in regards to my therapy they go on the back shelf ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that if you put a new card in the machine, it will re-write all that lost data from the other card.

And yes, all most docs and suppliers are interested in is compliance. You have a good doc! Keep him!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My last machine when I put the card in, it fell between the slot and the case of the machine. The DME folks said they would send me a new card - never did. Instead, they went bankrupt. New machine works great with the card.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy the SD cards from drug stores, office depot, staples & Wal-smarts for a few dollars.
There is nothing special about them.
Just get the 2gb size ones. Larger size is not needed.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 219 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  [Treatment] Help with Oscar and tweaking settings DLorenzoD 3 318 12-29-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: DLorenzoD
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,246 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 526 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 487 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.