Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Huge bag under eye
Huge bag under eye
Overall, I'm liking my Amara View except for one thing: A huge sagging bag under my left eye.
I have cushy covers on all straps, but still have strap marks and this eye baggage. I have the straps as loose as possible without leaks. This bag hangs around all day  Thumbs-down-1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Huge bag under eye
That's strange...the mask models never have bags under their eyes!   Dont-know

It seems you are doing all the right things, but still have strap marks.  That can impair circulation of the lymph system, and that might be the cause of accumulation under the eyes. Cool compresses or may help and there are all kinds of products sold for under-eye bags.  Many people find the Amara View very comfortable, and it may just be a matter of finding "that" adjustment you need , but keep an eye out for other mask models that may work even better with loose straps.   I assume you have eliminated nasal pillows as a possibility?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Huge bag under eye
(09-30-2017, 10:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: That's strange...the mask models never have bags under their eyes!   Dont-know

It seems you are doing all the right things, but still have strap marks.  That can impair circulation of the lymph system, and that might be the cause of accumulation under the eyes. Cool compresses or may help and there are all kinds of products sold for under-eye bags.  Many people find the Amara View very comfortable, and it may just be a matter of finding "that" adjustment you need , but keep an eye out for other mask models that may work even better with loose straps.   I assume you have eliminated nasal pillows as a possibility?

My alternate mask is the Swift FX for her nasal pillow mask, which I love, but I'm a mouth breather. I have to tape my mouth closed. No chin strap or cervical collar keeps the air from escaping my lips. 

I want this to work, but don't want to look like I lost a fight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 379 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [CPAP] Huge noob here. Really POed at Resmed/DME and could use help now! debhona12 15 1,476 06-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  O2ring shows huge gradual drop in spO2 over half hour with new DS2. Cord tangling? aolamid 9 1,083 02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: aolamid
  [Equipment] Switched from nasal pillow to full mask - huge AHI increase pstrjds 8 1,629 04-18-2021, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Change altitude and huge AHI Jump afloatandrew 3 1,111 03-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine SleeplessInPHX 67 7,409 03-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: SleeplessInPHX
Question Huge Mask Leaks/Weight Loss? Diggers4pg 3 1,554 11-29-2019, 08:47 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.