Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HumidX with AirMini F20 Setup Kit
HumidX with AirMini F20 Setup Kit
Has anyone figured out a clever way to be able to sue the HumidX inserts for an AirMini with the F20 setup kit?  Some kind of hose extension/ adapter perhaps?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HumidX with AirMini F20 Setup Kit
(10-16-2018, 12:00 PM)mcguirejohnr Wrote: Has anyone figured out a clever way to be able to sue the HumidX inserts for an AirMini with the F20 setup kit?  Some kind of hose extension/ adapter perhaps?

I think we first need to figure out why ResMed didn't make the F20 work with HumidX. Was it just something they didn't bother to do because they are lazy, or is there a an engineering/safety reason why the combination didn't work?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did find this adapter (see picture) to convert AirMini to standard tubing...$30 for a $1 part...but it might do the trick and elimiante the need for special AirMini trubing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2018, 12:40 PM)mcguirejohnr Wrote: I did find this adapter (see picture) to convert AirMini to standard tubing...$30 for a $1 part...but it might do the trick and elimiante the need for special AirMini trubing.

I think it is more complicated than just having a hose adapter since the OP specifically wants to use an F20 with a HumidX disc so they can have a humidifier and a FF mask for use with the AirMini. That requires an adaptation of the mask that puts the passive CO2 washout vent on the PAP supply side of the disc so humidity doesn't just wash out with the CO2. Plus the F20 has a non-rebreathing valve that lets you breathe room air if the PAP supply fails. I'm not sure if that works ok on the PAP supply side of the humidity disc or not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 73 8 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,671 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 907 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 306 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,937 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.