Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifer water level not droping
Humidifer water level not droping
I've used my cpap machine for at least 4 hrs per night over the past week. During that time, when I checked in the water in the humidifier each morning,
the water level barely went down. It would suggest that the machine is not working properly? Any thoughts? Thanks, Joanie
If the shoe fits, see if there is another one just like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifer water level not droping
Usually a fault in the H5i humidifier gives an error code on the blower unit.

You could try removing the tank, unplugging the power; then separate the blower unit from the H5i by depressing the latch on the back side.
Reassemble and try it.

Keep in mind that how much water is used depends on room humidity and room temperature.
The climate in Payson AZ is cooler than Phoenix being at 5000 feet. The recent weather has been humid due to the monsoonal moisture.
It just may be that the air is already nearly saturated with moisture; so, it picks up little when passing over the humidifier.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you didn't say, are you sure you have it turned on? Then you need to set the level of operation, .5 through 6. If you have done all that and still no joy, then your humidifier is kaput and will need repairing or replacing. It's not considered to be user repairable under normal circumstances.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2015, 01:29 PM)justMongo Wrote: Usually a fault in the H5i humidifier gives an error code on the blower unit.

You could try removing the tank, unplugging the power; then separate the blower unit from the H5i by depressing the latch on the back side.
Reassemble and try it.

Keep in mind that how much water is used depends on room humidity and room temperature.
The climate in Payson AZ is cooler than Phoenix being at 5000 feet. The recent weather has been humid due to the monsoonal moisture.
It just may be that the air is already nearly saturated with moisture; so, it picks up little when passing over the humidifier.

I think you're onto something with the increased humidity lately. I'll continue to monitor the tank level. First though, I'll detatch and reassemble. Thanks
If the shoe fits, see if there is another one just like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't live in Arizona, but in northern Illinois where our summers can be very humid even though our temperature is not as high as AZ. I've found that when the outside air is humid, that even with running our home AC, my cpap machine humidifier uses very little water. It also depends on what level you have your humidifier set at. In the winter months here when it is cold and drier, I can go through an entire water chamber full of water in one evening alone. It might be just the difference in seasons.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2015, 12:55 PM)rp1scooter Wrote: I've used my cpap machine for at least 4 hrs per night over the past week. During that time, when I checked in the water in the humidifier each morning,
the water level barely went down. It would suggest that the machine is not working properly? Any thoughts? Thanks, Joanie
Is there a simple way for me to check that my H5i heater plate is working properly?
Yes. To confirm H5i function, complete the following steps;
Disconnect ClimateLine tubing and remove the water tub.
While the S9 is NOT running, place your hand on the heater plate to assess the temperature of the H5i heater plate. NOTE: Do NOT place your hand on the heater plate if the H5i has been running in the 10 minutes prior to this test as it may still be hot.
Set the humidifier output to 6.
Place the unit in warm-up mode and allow it to run for 1 minute.
Place your hand above the heater plate (without touching it) to confirm an increase in heater plate temperature. Don’t place your hand directly on the heater plate as it will be hot.
Press the dial for 3 seconds to enable cooling down mode
http://www.resmed.com/int/patients_and_f...nc=dealers

Q. How much water should my humidifier use overnight?

A. Don’t be surprised if the amount of water varies from night to night. It varies from one humidifier to the next, from one patient to the next, and with the temperature and humidity of the bedroom, as well as the settings of the humidifier itself.
http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/sup...-faqs.html
Post Reply Post Reply
I will tell you that my humidifier water usage defies logic. My S9 uses less water in the winter with the heat on in the house and no home humidifier than it does in the summer when the humidity in the house is higher. As long as I am not getting dried out I just go with it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using reverse osmosis water Paytona? That would explain it. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove None if that newfangled stuff for this old fart. I have a still out back that I keep covered up in case the revenooers decide to drop by. That is just to keep them guessing. I actually buy my distilled spirits.

I like some Gentleman Jack in my humidifier. It is distilled. Kills all of the bugs and cleans my airway out and I feel great when I finally wake up. Only problem is I am not real steady on my feet for a while. Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Dan'll will do for steadyin' Sometimes you'll get so steady you can't move! Dancing

Dude ‹(•¿•)›
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 86 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.