Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidification Issue With Air Mini
Humidification Issue With Air Mini
I've been using a Dreamstation or other Cpap successfully for about 20 years.  Recently I decided to get an AirMini for travel.  I used it the first time last night.  The noise didn't really bother me much and I fell asleep quickly.  Problem is I awoke after about an hour and a half with a very dry mouth and nose.  My nose was so dry that I couldn't sleep with it, and had to go back to my Dreamstation.  I used the HumidX filter.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I love the size of this machine, but I won't be able to use it if I can't solve this.  

Would I have better luck with a DreamStation Go and a universal HME? I don't want to get the humidifier because the total size is not much smaller than the full Dreamstation which I travel with now.  At least, thats my impression.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Humidification Issue With Air Mini
Did you get both the regular HumidX filters and the HumidX Plus filters with the AirMini? My experience has been that the Plus filters (the grey ones) give noticably more humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidification Issue With Air Mini
Thanks for your response.  In fact, I had a Plus filer and I tried it the other night, and it worked fine.  So you are correct.  I have no issues any more.

Its a great little machine

Thanks

Ira
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Air mini advice? mattegaham 3 157 10-20-2020, 04:01 PM
Last Post: BoSnooze
  AirSense 10 "Brick!" Oscar issue cptnjoao 4 185 10-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Long term nasal user, basic issue when trying full-face DanPrado 11 391 09-23-2020, 03:48 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  SD card issue- resmed S9 elite Boomer453 6 175 09-12-2020, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Boomer453
  How Many Nights of Travel with the PILOT-24 LITE battery with Resmed Air Mini dreamstream 1 194 08-28-2020, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad can resmed air mini be dangerous? curious 4 263 08-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: curious
  Humidifier Issue knockknock 15 603 08-08-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.