Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidification Issue With Air Mini
RE: Humidification Issue With Air Mini
thanks, red. we divide our time between bangkok, thailand and mclean, va. i only need humidification during the winter months in virginia, certainly not in bangkok. at home i do have my trusty old intellipap with humidification. will only use the airmini when i travel, always when it''s warm. i have a philips dreamstation go which i used for travel without a humidifier. however, it's sidelined due to the almost one year long insulation issue. so i'll be okay for traveling with the airmini with the possible exception of nevada. in any event, i wonder if i'm the only person with a severe allergic reaction to the humidx cartridges? i did not use an off brand but the genuine article that came with the airmini.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you said, travel, I was envisioning hotel rooms. If it is a long term stay, such as a house or apartment, you might get a room humidifier. This way, you are pretreating the ambient air.

-Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
red, you're right of course. but humidifiers require a lot more effort and tender unloving care and special feeding than i'm up for!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did the added Distilled water really help?  My problem is that even the Humidex Plus I get nosebleeds from it being so dry.  I do like the convenience of the smaller CPAP when I travel.  Does it decease the life of the filter?

Phill
Post Reply Post Reply
In Australia, you can't get a trial of a AirMini. They avoided like hell of giving info on multiple calls over 4 months when asked regarding humidification - its a special\unique product or something. They finally said the Humid X Plus provides less humidification than a standard machine.

I tried the S9 with passover only and had a shocking sore throat. Unless more humidification equal to standard machine, the AirMini wont work for someone like me.

They need a tank or something in the tube with passover or mini humidifier option or the ability to add more moisture. The size and power use is ideal, but not without sufficient moisture.

You can buy the AirMini, if it doesnt work for you exchange it for say an S10 or so, but no refund, it is a unique product. Not sure what they cost in the US now, but refurbished is around AU $1100.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone have any other suggestions for Humidx and the AirMini?

Yesterday while traveling my AirSense 10 developed a problem with the power input, and so last night I used the AirMini I use in airplanes.

I hadn't realized that you need the Humidx Plus for air travel or other dry conditions. Also, based on how the Humidx works, the idea of priming the filter with water seems sensible, although I'd have thought using water vapour might be more effective, since the filter cartridge contains paper.

My first overnight using the device I noticed that I woke after a couple of hours with a dry nose (using the supplied P10 mask). But since I had no choice (terrible apnea) I persevered, and my remaining sleep was much better.

It occurs to me that since the Humidx absorbs exhaled moisture, it may take time to build up enough moisture to provide humid air. Perhaps this is why the last twice I've used the device (in a plane and the overnight usage), I've had nasal dryness. The HumidX Plus was much more effective than the HumidX but l didn't realize the difference so bought the wrong filter pack. 

Priming the filter seems like a plan but how to do it effectively?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.