Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier, AirSense 10, AutoSet
Humidifier, AirSense 10, AutoSet
I have a problem with the humidifier since I have the CPAP.
I was waked up due to a stuffy nose or dry mouth. I read I should try the manual setting of the humidifier. I changed the level of humidity and found 7 is OK.
Then I was awake due to a bubbling sound coming from the water deposited in the tubbing. Tried to get rid of the condense and changed the temperature of the tubing to 80 F.
It has less humidity but now from the condensed water, water dropped on the bed from the connection between tubbing.
I called the provider and was advised to avoid this to make sure the tubing temperature is equal to the room temperature. Decreased to 65 F and now the drops come on my nose and the bubbling sound still exists.
Please advise what setting to use because now I cannot sleep not because of OSA but the humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier, AirSense 10, AutoSet
To avoid condensation in the tube, its temperature needs to be higher than the room temperature.  I would try a temperature of at least 80 F, and see what happens.  
Hope this helps.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I found humidifier manual settings, without condense, (room temperature 65-70F)
level 5 with 75F
level 6 with 80F
level 7 with 85F
Post Reply Post Reply
The tube temperature should be higher than the room temperature.  Raise it to 80. With manual setting the humidity and tube temperature are separate settings.

I never have trouble with condensation in the tubing, as I use the Auto setting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A better way is to route the tube up ((maybe over the headboard if you have one) so the water will just drain back into the humidifier. They make stands for this if no headboard or other way to route the tubing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 35 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 659 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.