Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Filler
Humidifier Filler
I am always worried about getting water on the CPAP machine when I refill the humidifier so I follow the directions and remove the humidifier before re-filling it with distilled water (on days when not also washing out the tray).

BUT I thought there should be an easier way and have now found it. I ordered a "communion cup" filler from Amazon. It is a plastic squeeze bottle which has a long spout perfect for getting the water right into the humidifier without danger of spills.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Filler
(05-19-2013, 07:51 AM)SPOUSE Wrote: I am always worried about getting water on the CPAP machine when I refill the humidifier so I follow the directions and remove the humidifier before re-filling it with distilled water (on days when not also washing out the tray).

BUT I thought there should be an easier way and have now found it. I ordered a "communion cup" filler from Amazon. It is a plastic squeeze bottle which has a long spout perfect for getting the water right into the humidifier without danger of spills.

I just use a small plastic measuring cup from the Dollar Store.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SPOUSE,
That's interesting, thank you for posting this neat idea.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I use water on tap, in the morning remove the tank, wash and dry
At bed time fill directly from the tap, wipes any drops, place back, make sure the lid properly shut and put on warm-up while getting ready

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a klutz but even I can get that tank in and out without spillage.

Spilling into the humidifier half of an S9 won't really harm anything. Just dry it out or it will smell bad when it heats up. It is win you spill water into the blower unit that causes the problems. To do that, you'd have to be holding the machine on its end. Just put the tank in and out the top and all is well.

I would think pouring water down a funnel while the tank is in place would cause more of a danger of water getting into the blower unit.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the FloTool Measu-Funnel.
That thing is great! About $4 from Walmart. (automotive dept)
Don't use the cheap vinyl hose that comes with it. Just the funnel.
Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I use my NeilMed nasal rinse every morning, it's not a big deal to remove the tank and refill it directly from the bottle of distilled water.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
My unit requires distilled water and I fill it at night. The tank slides out and it is easy to open it and refill. The fun part is the tank sits at an angle on the counter and until you learn what the fill level is, you will get some leakage.

I have found that if I use bottled water for more than a couple of days you have to descale the tank with vinegar and water. When I do that I end up sticking it in the dishwasher to finish the process. My provider says I can do it as long as you let everything rack dry and put it on the top rack.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2013, 01:45 PM)psimpson130 Wrote: My unit requires distilled water and I fill it at night. The tank slides out and it is easy to open it and refill. The fun part is the tank sits at an angle on the counter and until you learn what the fill level is, you will get some leakage.

I have found that if I use bottled water for more than a couple of days you have to descale the tank with vinegar and water. When I do that I end up sticking it in the dishwasher to finish the process. My provider says I can do it as long as you let everything rack dry and put it on the top rack.

Paul

Use distilled water (79 cents per gallon at Cub Foods, Brooklyn Park MN) and there will be no scale.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 515 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.