Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Issue
RE: Humidifier Issue
(07-18-2020, 07:16 AM)SleepMonger Wrote: Do you have deposits building up in the tank?   Use straight vinegar and some scrubbing to knock them back. 

Is your heating element working?   Put a small amount of water in the tank and crank up the heat.    Try not to run a lot of air over it, and then test/feel (carefully) if the plate is warm.   

I swear by my dreamweaver cloth mask.   One of the benefits is that it traps the moisture and naturally humidifies the air.   I rarely use a humidifier unless I'm in a very dry climate.

Sorry I completely missed this message.

No deposits.  I complained to my CPAP provider and they replaced the humidifier.  

The plate does get warm, I have felt the water in the middle of the night and it is warm.  

What mask are you talking about?  Can you send a link?  Do you think it would be able to create a seal with a beard / mustache?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2020, 04:13 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 06:47 AM)ardenum Wrote: I know that very well, I also run out of water in the middle of the night.

Maybe the heater is broken.

I got plenty of heaters from s10 series, tried them all, same thing. Also tried different motherboards. My room is very dry to make sure no mold grows on the walls so I need a little more then 380ml.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2020, 08:07 PM)knockknock Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 11:10 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 09:32 AM)knockknock Wrote: You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?

After a few nights at a pressure of 8 post your OSCAR charts here in this thread. You will then get advice about additional changes if needed.

For the humidifier, I would try a new water chamber and see if that makes a difference. Set the humidification as high as you can without getting rain out.

Last 2 nights are attached.  Thanks again for all the help.

Your AHI did not change much between your settings at 6-12, Cflex 2 and 8-12 Cflex 2.  In the future, it would really help if you will just post a screenshot as shown in my signature link for Organizing Your Oscar Chart. There are important respiratory statistic that we don't get with the pdf Report.  The higher pressure seems to have slightly reduced obstructive events, but there is still a lot of room for improvement, and I think a minimum pressure of 9.0 should be your next try.  What we are doing is reducing the range of pressure you experience which should be less disruptive, and since events remain obstructive, increasing minimum pressure is the indicated direction to go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2020, 04:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 08:07 PM)knockknock Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 11:10 AM)Sleepster Wrote: After a few nights at a pressure of 8 post your OSCAR charts here in this thread. You will then get advice about additional changes if needed.

For the humidifier, I would try a new water chamber and see if that makes a difference. Set the humidification as high as you can without getting rain out.

Last 2 nights are attached.  Thanks again for all the help.

Your AHI did not change much between your settings at 6-12, Cflex 2 and 8-12 Cflex 2.  In the future, it would really help if you will just post a screenshot as shown in my signature link for Organizing Your Oscar Chart. There are important respiratory statistic that we don't get with the pdf Report.  The higher pressure seems to have slightly reduced obstructive events, but there is still a lot of room for improvement, and I think a minimum pressure of 9.0 should be your next try.  What we are doing is reducing the range of pressure you experience which should be less disruptive, and since events remain obstructive, increasing minimum pressure is the indicated direction to go.

I am sorry about that.  I didn't realize.  Screen shot attached here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This chart says to increase pressure and reduce flex.
Sleeprider suggested increasing min to 9, that would be good, and reduce flex, it could help reduce your CA a bit
Post Reply Post Reply
Your larger leaks appear to coincide to an extent with rises in inspiration pressure.  It might be a problem with fit or mask type..IF it's a problem at all.   I mention this because you DO have rises in inspirational pressure, at which your machine 'flat lines' to indicate that it is maintaining your maximum permitted pressure.  It may be that you need another two or even three cm of H20 which, if true, will possibly only make more of the larger leak indications, and possibly take those leaks into problem territory.

For now, though, we should make single changes and see how they affect your results for a couple of nights.  In that respect, please continue to interact with both Sleeprider and bonjour.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 42 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 107 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.