Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Shopping in USA - Shipping to Australia
Shopping in USA - Shipping to Australia
I thought my personal experience may be useful for anyone contemplating buying Cpap equipment in the USA and having it shipped overseas.
This is my account of my recent experience - obviously any additional orders could be a different experience.

having been diagnosed with moderate sleep aponea I needed a machine and a mask and I researched this site for recommendations as well as additional sources.  As I live in a covid lock down area of Melbourne, Australia, I could not go for a mask fitting, nor could I personally shop for cpap machines.  I hit the net and got pricing from a whole range of Australian stores.  The best i could find in Australia for the equipment I decided to buy was:

New Factory Sealed S10 Airsense AutoSet For Her CPAP Climateline Tubing & Accessories - $1430.00
Resmed P10 Pillow  - $193.00
Free Shipping   
TOTAL AUD  $1,623:00

I then looked at the Supplier List on this website and decided to see what the cost difference would be - buying the equipment from supplier 2.
Their website listed some special deals on new equipment which included the very machine I wanted.  Their prices were:

New Factory Sealed S10 Airsense AutoSet For Her CPAP Climateline Tubing & Accessories - $599.00
Resmed P10 Pillow  - $95.00
Express Shipping - $95.00
TOTAL USD  $789:00

With 1 AUD = 0.677918 USD  (actual PayPal Rate) this order from the USA would cost me $1,163.85 AUD a saving of $478.15 AUD. 

On Saturday 25 July I placed the order with supplier 2.
25 July   The order was accepted and a confirmation email was sent.
27 July   Payment cleared and a confirmation email receipt was sent.  Order would be shipped within 1-2 days.
28 July   Confirmation order was shipped by UPS Worldwide Expedited with delivery expected on 5 August (9 days).
05 August UPS delivered my parcel to my door.

However be warned.  Resmed state "Warranty is void on product sold, or resold, outside the region of original purchase."  

This was my experience - I hope it is useful for anyone thinking of doing similar.

I now have my machine and mask and have used it for the last 2 nights - but my sleeping experiences will be another post sometime in the future.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shopping in USA - Shipping to Australia
Very helpful information. It sounds like you didn't have import fees or taxes added to your purchase.

With regard to Supplier #2 has backed up machines sent to AU several times. I recall one time a member had a failure in two different "lightly used" machines and was finally shipped a new one. Their commitment to customer satisfaction is something rare.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2020, 07:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Very helpful information. It sounds like you didn't have import fees or taxes added to your purchase.

With regard to Supplier #2 has backed up machines sent to AU several times.  I recall one time a member had a failure in two different "lightly used" machines and was finally shipped a new one.  Their commitment to customer satisfaction is something rare.

Thank you once again Sleeprider for responding.  I was somewhat concerned about buying O/S but with recommendations from this board I felt confident supplier 2 would be professional, supportive and reliable - and that is exactly what I found.  I hope anyone who feels nervous importing a machine finds the thread helpful.

Happy to report that there were NO import fees or taxes added to my purchase.

I was confident I would be able to get assistance in the unfortunate event I needed to access my warranty on my new machine, so it is encouraging to hear supplier 2 has an outstanding commitment to keeping customers satisfied.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2020, 09:38 PM)Koalapoo Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 07:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Very helpful information. It sounds like you didn't have import fees or taxes added to your purchase.

With regard to [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #2 has backed up machines sent to AU several times.  I recall one time a member had a failure in two different "lightly used" machines and was finally shipped a new one.  Their commitment to customer satisfaction is something rare.

Thank you once again Sleeprider for responding.  I was somewhat concerned about buying O/S but with recommendations from this board I felt confident supplier 2 would be professional, supportive and reliable - and that is exactly what I found.  I hope anyone who feels nervous importing a machine finds the thread helpful.

Happy to report that there were NO import fees or taxes added to my purchase.

I was confident I would be able to get assistance in the unfortunate event I needed to access my warranty on my new machine, so it is encouraging to hear supplier 2 has an outstanding commitment to keeping customers satisfied.

I've used Supplier #2 on a umber of occasions and they are excellent.

One thing I've noticed recently is that some Aussie CPAP sellers have lowered their prices. It's still a lot higher than the US however.

Regarding tax (GST), this from the ATO

The sale of medical aids and appliances is GST-free if they meet certain conditions, including being listed in schedule 3 of the GST Act or GST regulations. GST does not apply to the following products: cardiovascular appliances. dialysis and diabetes medical aids and appliances.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,527 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 173 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
Question [Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia aussiemark22 17 3,963 08-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: yuqinhuang
  Shipping Fees Recall Canada joblolabinette 6 802 06-22-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 pulsing in Australia using 240v - Normal use is 110v is US cornishpd 11 1,504 12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cornishpd
  Obtaining ASV in Sydney or NSW Australia due to Complex Apnea? AFAFAF 8 902 11-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Issues with shipping CPAP machines to Taiwan - Any advice? WWu777 42 9,142 08-26-2021, 05:47 AM
Last Post: bojay

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.