Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Issue
Humidifier Issue
I have been using a CPAP for about a year now.  I was given a Dreamstation APAP and a Resmed P10 mask.  

For the first 8ish months I would fill the humidifier nightly and in the morning it would be nearly empty.  The past few months it will take 3 or 4 days to be at the same nearly empty level.  It is driving me nuts because I wake up every morning so dry.  I have felt the water and it does seem to be getting hot.  I have played with all the humidity and heated tube levels but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I assume there is something going on beyond an issue with the machine.  I attached a report from a night in Oscar.  

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   Oscar2.pdf (Size: 382.5 KB / Downloads: 31)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Issue
It's summertime in the Northeast, and your machine will evaporate less water due to higher relative humidity. Every thing is fine. Your events are substantially obstructive, and you need to increase the minimum pressure to at least 8.0 to knock down events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your bedroom air conditioned?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's summertime in the Northeast, and your machine will evaporate less water due to higher relative humidity.  Every thing is fine.  Your events are substantially obstructive, and you need to increase the minimum pressure to at least 8.0 to knock down events.

I have had this issue for a while now, definitely during the winter as well so I do not think humidity could be a factor.  I also have central air in my house so it shouldn't be that humid in here in the summer either.

You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2020, 09:32 AM)knockknock Wrote: You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?

After a few nights at a pressure of 8 post your OSCAR charts here in this thread. You will then get advice about additional changes if needed.

For the humidifier, I would try a new water chamber and see if that makes a difference. Set the humidification as high as you can without getting rain out.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I know that very well, I also run out of water in the middle of the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have deposits building up in the tank?   Use straight vinegar and some scrubbing to knock them back. 

Is your heating element working?   Put a small amount of water in the tank and crank up the heat.    Try not to run a lot of air over it, and then test/feel (carefully) if the plate is warm.   

I swear by my dreamweaver cloth mask.   One of the benefits is that it traps the moisture and naturally humidifies the air.   I rarely use a humidifier unless I'm in a very dry climate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 07:16 AM)SleepMonger Wrote: Do you have deposits building up in the tank?   Use straight vinegar and some scrubbing to knock them back. 

Is your heating element working?   Put a small amount of water in the tank and crank up the heat.    Try not to run a lot of air over it, and then test/feel (carefully) if the plate is warm.   

I swear by my dreamweaver cloth mask.   One of the benefits is that it traps the moisture and naturally humidifies the air.   I rarely use a humidifier unless I'm in a very dry climate.

You mean sleepweaver? or are we talking about some custom philips dreamwear mod?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 06:47 AM)ardenum Wrote: I know that very well, I also run out of water in the middle of the night.

Maybe the heater is broken.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2020, 11:10 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 09:32 AM)knockknock Wrote: You say increase pressure to at least 8, how will I know to increase it more or just stop at that level?

After a few nights at a pressure of 8 post your OSCAR charts here in this thread. You will then get advice about additional changes if needed.

For the humidifier, I would try a new water chamber and see if that makes a difference. Set the humidification as high as you can without getting rain out.

Last 2 nights are attached.  Thanks again for all the help.

Attached Files
.pdf   document1.pdf (Size: 248.59 KB / Downloads: 14)
.pdf   document2.pdf (Size: 239.55 KB / Downloads: 9)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 43 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,413 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.