Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Problem PRS1
Humidifier Problem PRS1
Help! I have a Philips-Respironics PR System One Series Machine. Each night I dutifully fill the water chamber for the humidifier, and each morning, the chamber is still full--the humidifier is not working! I have checked both the regular and clinician settings, and everything *seems* to be turned on correctly (humidifier set to 5, etc.). I just got it back from the repair center, and after paying $90, it STILL doesn't work? Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Problem
(01-19-2014, 10:08 PM)DianaK Wrote: Help! I have a Philips-Respironics PR System One Series Machine. Each night I dutifully fill the water chamber for the humidifier, and each morning, the chamber is still full--the humidifier is not working! I have checked both the regular and clinician settings, and everything *seems* to be turned on correctly (humidifier set to 5, etc.). I just got it back from the repair center, and after paying $90, it STILL doesn't work? Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?
Hi Diana, sorry I can't help, I just feel for you. What did the repair guy say? Did he fix anything? Have you phoned him since you have brought it home and told him it is still not working? Maybe he could guide you through the process of it all.
Sorry, really wish I could be of some help for you. Hopefully someone with same machine will see your call for help. Good luck.
PS maybe ring Philips, that's what I would be doing.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Problem PRS1
DianaK, I updated your subject line so that the people with the ability to help you can get here quicker.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
DianaK there should be some troubleshooting info in the book that came with your humidifier. Check there and see if you can find a problem that matches what your humidifier is or isn't doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 10:08 PM)DianaK Wrote: I have checked both the regular and clinician settings, and everything *seems* to be turned on correctly (humidifier set to 5, etc.).
Try classic mode, uses more water but might have to keep an eye for any rainout. If rainut occur , lower the setting a notch and get a hose cover

From the manual:
• Humidifier - This setting allows you to choose the desired humidity setting: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. If the System One humidity control has been disabled, the classic style of basic temperature controlled heated humidification will be used and the display will show: 0, C1, C2, C3, C4 or C5 for these settings. This will only display if the humidifier is attached

Post Reply Post Reply
In what way is it not working?

When you press the start button:
Does the humidifier light (the little steam Icon on the left of the knob) come on?
Does the Humidity number beside the knob come on?

Mine has an issue where the humidifier doesn't work after I have transported the machine. I slap it around a bit and it is OK again until my next trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try what Zonk said.

I have the same humidifier and turning off the system one humidification and using manual settings should definitely work.

If it still doesn't work call back your repairman because there is something physically wrong with the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's one of the newer System One machines (560, 660) pressing down and holding the control knob for 5 seconds or more should turn on the humidifier pre-heat (for 30 minutes). The humidifier indicator light should come on to confirm it, without the fan running. Wait a few minutes, remove the humidifier reservoir, and see if it's warmed up.

Please let us know the specific model number, and someone more familiar with your model may be able to advise you better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,572 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,472 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.