stanleydean Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmart CPAP
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Drive Medical Comfort Fit Deluxe
Humidifier: Resmart
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: No downloadable software available for Resmart. Partial data available via icodeconnect.com

Sex: Male

Humidifier Progress
Hi everyone,
My previous humidifier experience consisted of years of "thinking" I could not tolerate using the humidifier (tried several times for one night and quit) to the next step a few months ago when a persistent dry nose prompted me to try with water in the tank but no heat. This worked OK and I got used to it but the nasal dryness got worse plus I had been having a dry cough that my doc and I discussed at length. Doc concluded that the problem was allergies but we could not get it under control. About a week ago I decided to bite the bullet and kick in some heat on the humidifier. Dry nose gone after the first night and noticeable reduction in the dry cough, sleeping better and possibly fewer bathroom trips. It has been worthwhile to keep messing with the humidifier.
Stan
08-11-2016 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
icyura10 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RESMED AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Phillips Respironiscs DreamWear under the nose nasal ma
Humidifier: INCLUDED
CPAP Pressure: IPAP (20); EPAP (12); PS (8)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in!

Location: I'm just a Galactic Traveler Traversing the Universe on a Blue Rock!

RE: Humidifier Progress
You may find the need for your humidifier might be related to season, where you reside (places that have high humidity you might not need it) where other places that are arid might require the humidity.

Right now with the natural humidity in the air (because of where I live) I needn't run the air conditioner to keep the apartment reasonably cool, but the humidity is a different conversation. As we exit the higher humidity months, it's likely I'll need to use the humidifier again.

Also, when I shower, I always, (even if I need to take multiple showers a day) perform a nasal wash where I suck water into the nose and blow it out to get rid of the pollens and and other pollutants.

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
08-11-2016 12:31 PM
roudabushmc Offline

Members

Machine: PR DSX700T11
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Swift FX
Humidifier: PR DSXH
CPAP Pressure: 9-18 (EPAP min, IPAP max)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: ps min 1, ps max 8

RE: Humidifier Progress
With a full face mask in the past I hated the humidifier, I always got water (rain out is it?). Switched to Nasal pillows and couldn't survive without it, still got water in the tube but I needed it to not dry my nose out terribly. I didn't really know about heated tunes or anything that time around.

Second try got the heated tube with the humidifier and I am so much happier. Don't know if you have the heated tube or if your model supports it but that has been night and day for my experience.
08-12-2016 11:15 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Beginning use with H5i humidifier Lanco 21 676 11-27-2016 11:44 PM
Last Post: chill
  Progress! yossarian 5 284 11-19-2016 04:47 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Lack of progress and getting worse. Pudel 7 382 11-07-2016 02:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Gunk and grit in humidifier. MrEGuy 11 480 11-07-2016 12:49 AM
Last Post: cands
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 382 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  Dreamstation heated tube/humidifier initial settings. NorthernGuy 9 690 10-28-2016 09:21 AM
Last Post: Perchas
  [CPAP] Humidifier texasbluedevil69 13 490 10-28-2016 06:58 AM
Last Post: texasbluedevil69