Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Question
Humidifier Question
So, just checked my machine. Been checking the csv file and such. Been experiencing brain fog and lately very tired, heavy eyes etc. Just noticed, my humidifier has been off for quite a while. Never really noticed my water lever in the reservoir, just dumped it every morning not thinking.

My humidifier goes from 1 to 6 (weinman somnobalance). My question, what effect does the humidifier have on osa/csa events?

Does it help to have the humidifier on a high or low number. I believe I set it to 1 as when I first had the machine in the winter, I was getting a lot of mask rain from moisture in the breathing tube.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks,

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Question
Humidification? No therapeutic impact. Luxury comfort option. If nose is not drying out and cracking open, may not need it any how.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier is only there as a "comfort" item. It helps, when needed, to keep your mouth, nose, etc. moist. If you dry out at night, you will probably wake up with a dry nose, mouth, or a sore throat.

Personally, I turn off my humidifier during the summer months since the humidity in my house stays around 50% all summer. In the winter, the house humidity can drop down to around 30-40%, so I turn it on. If I lived in either a dryer, or colder, area then I may want to use the humidifier full time. Since I do not, I can leave it off, and in fact, I remove it completely for most of the year.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your machine have a heated hose? to understand rainout think about lake effect snow, no really.
lake effect------CPAP
wind-------------blower unit
water in lake----humidifier chamber
cold land--------unheated tube
winter temp-----room temp

the hose must be warmer than the room and not too much colder than the moist air coming out of the humidifier or the moisture will condense out of the air and collect inside the tube causing rain out

Heated hose or hose cover or machine and most of the tube lower than you head so the rain out flows back into the humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed the mask rain with a small amount of material and made a hose cozy. Simple fix. Usually I have the humidifier at 1 (the coolest). Prefer temperatures on the cold side rather than hot.

Should have thought that one out before moving to the middle east!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 515 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.