Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Red Face, plate hot
Humidifier Red Face, plate hot
Hi,

I have noticed dry mouth the last couple weeks but since I have still been going through all the water in the humidifier tank, I didn't think much of it. I use the Resmed Aircurve 10 as a cpap, I have supplemental oxygen.

I also discovered about 2 weeks ago that I had left the unit running one day without the humidifier tank in place. So I turned it off, but sometime in the process of removing the tank it inadvertently get turned back on (I wear hearing aids so I don't hear it until I but them in) this is the first time I have done that for an extended period of time.

So today I looked into it, removed and replaced the electrical plug, the climate line, the card, and still claims that the humidifier is not working. I tried a new hose and humidifier tank, still get the red face. The thing is the plate heats up... I don't know if it has been heating for the last two weeks but I would imagine it has since the water is always gone in the AM.

Could it have anything to do with the gasket that connects the tank to the climate air line that is on the inside of the unit and can be seen when you remove the tank. It looks a bit misshapen, it is more oval that round.

Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Red Face, plate hot
The machine is detecting excess leaks and it will probably show up in your Oscar data as well. The most frequent leaks are from either seal in the machine. It can help to do a smoke-test to see where air is leaking. If you light a match and blow it out, you should have enough smoke to see air moving. Start the machine with the mask on and check for air movement near the hose connection and around the humidifier tank. If the machine is under warranty, take it to your DME and ask them to help. It sounds like you have replaced everything but the humidifier chamber. That silicone gasket can get misplaced. It is typical for the outlet seal to look oval.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Red Face, plate hot
Or you could be mouth breathing.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.