Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Tub Looks Scorched
Humidifier Tub Looks Scorched
When I got my first ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV from DME in July, I noticed what looked like scorching on the bottom of the inside of the humidifier tub.  I didn't pay much attention at the time since I was going to return it. I bought one from online supplier, and it looked fine, and I've been using it since beginning of August - until Saturday morning.  It's developed a light brown stain on the lowest part of the tub, couple inches long, maybe 1/2 inch wide, same place as previous tub.  I tried to clean it off with dawn, but no luck. I've been using distilled water, use about 3/4 tub a day, top it off daily, wash every couple of weeks.

Curious if anyone has any ideas what it might be, does it indicate a problem, if not, is there any way to clean it?

thanks,

ct
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Tub Looks Scorched
I saw an earlier post about this and if I remember right it wasn't a big deal.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, WallaWalla.  Good to know it's not a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2017, 09:45 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I saw an earlier post about this and if I remember right it wasn't a big deal.

(09-12-2017, 09:40 PM)CTcentrals Wrote: Thanks, WallaWalla.  Good to know it's not a problem.

That other post... here it was:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...discolored

FWIW my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is doing it as well. I classify this as non-issue as it hasn't affected the effectiveness of humidifier. AND water tubs are replaced every so often anyway (every 6 months for my insurance).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link, that was quite a thread.  My takeaway is that stainless steel discolors.

ct
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 113 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 377 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 268 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 914 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 516 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 430 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,247 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.