Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier Use
Humidifier Use
Hi everybody,

My CPAP machines have all been equipped with humidifiers. Several times I have tried using the humidifier but each time stopped after a day or two because it felt like sleeping in a swamp. We usually have somewhat high relative humidity in central FL but that is the case in many other areas. Have others had the same experience?

I do not experience dry mouth, dry nose or anything like that so are there other reasons why I should use the humidifier? I am pretty sure I can get used to it if I try but, unless there are other reasons it probably isn't necessary. Thanks in advance for your input.

Also, it is refreshing, in today's world of complaints and bad news, to find such a great group of encouragers as the Apnea Board. Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Use
If your air is moist enough, you don't have to use a humidifier. Most places it isn't, or the air is conditioned to the point where there is not enough humidity. If you're comfortable without the humidifier, don't use the humidifier. You can also put water in the tank and use it in "Pass over" mode which will add just a small amount (as the water won't be hot).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier Use
(08-20-2015, 11:17 AM)stanleydean Wrote: I do not experience dry mouth, dry nose or anything like that so are there other reasons why I should use the humidifier?
Not really, if you don't have to, but its there if you ever need it
Breathing through your mouth can dry the mouth as the case with full face mask
You can use lowest setting or off, with water in the tank, so you get some moisture but no heat

Many folks don't use humidifier, I prefer the air slightly on the warm side otherwise my nose is not happy
Important to keep the nose happy and well pampered, we have only one nose Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 786 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.