Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset 10 and Sleepyhead
Resmed Autoset 10 and Sleepyhead
Hi guys,

Brief history, first CPAP machine was a Resmed S8 from 2008. It served me well but it was time for an upgrade, so managed to get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Sleep doc said I had good results at 10 cmH2O from my sleep study, so he prescribed an APAP setting of 7-15 cmH2O.

Been really happy with the device so far, especially with the Airfit P10 nasal pillows. After 5 days of use, I gave SleepyHead a try and was pretty amazed by what data I could see. I noticed that while my median pressure was 10.84 cmH2O, my 95% pressure was 14.75 cmH2O. Does this mean I should be safe to increase the max range for APAP? If so, what setting would you recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autoset 10 and Sleepyhead
G'day wongnog, welcome to Apnea Board.

The 95 percentile figure means that your pressure was at or below that pressure for 95% of the time. Or in other words, it was above that pressure for 5% of the time. Without seeing your charts it's hard to be sure, but my guess is that you'll have a few flat spots in your pressure graph where the machine has reached the maximum of 15 and is trying to go above. There's no harm in setting a higher maximum - the machine will only go higher if it needs to to treat your apnea. However I suspect you won't notice much of a difference as the time at maximum is relatively small. Like everything else in this game, only adjust one parameter at a time, in small steps and wait a week or so between changes to see what the trend is (you can't just rely on a single night's figures).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wongnog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
yep. I would wait until you have about 2 weeks under the first settings. Then take the result and use that to change the range. Then -

If you have a median of 10.8 cm throughout that week, I would gradually change the min pressure to 10. If sleepyhead shows that you are up against the 15 (like 14.5 and above) a lot, then adjust the max up.

A good rule of thumb:
adjusting max - adjust by 2 cm at a time, no need to wait long for additional raise.
adjusting min - adjust no more than 1 cm at a time, and wait at least 4 days before next raise.

Since you probably will be at 10 min 17 max, you'll do therapy at current settings until March 9.
Mar 9 change from 7-15 to 8-17
Mar 13 change from 8-17 to 9-17
Mar 17 change from 9-17 to 10-17, or 10-19.
Wait a couple weeks after that, and check your progress.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips guys! So far I'm loving the MyAir site as it gives me quick visibility of my CPAP compliance. I'm totally amazed with the SleepyHead software. It's quite advanced and free to boot! I'll keep my settings where they are for now as I'll be going away on vacation soon so won't have time to monitor my progress.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,242 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 689 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.