Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier cleaning frequency
Humidifier cleaning frequency
So, do you dump the water out of the humidifier, rinse & clean w/ mild detergent, and let dry every day per the instruction manual? With distilled water does this really need to be done on a daily basis or is weekly ok?

Thanks!
LesPauloholic
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier cleaning frequency
My Resmed manual says weekly. DME says weekly in a solution of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. soak for 20-30 minutes, rinse, dry

That's what I have been doing. I use baby shampoo though. I don't use vinegar.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LesPauloholic

Personally I clean the humidifier every week, along with the tube, and mask. Pillows I clean every morning in soapy water...

do you play a Les Paul??

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have to read the standard "end user's" manual. I read the clinician's manual, but maybe that is for hospital use or something like that....

The S5 "clinician's manual" says this:

Daily
1. Remove the air tubing by pulling on the finger grips on the cuff. Hang it in a clean, dry place until next
use.
2. Slide the H5i latch.
3. Lift open the flip lid and remove the water tub.
4. Wash the H5i water tub in warm water using a mild detergent.
5. Rinse thoroughly in clean water and allow it to dry away from direct sunlight.
6. Before next use, fill the water tub, return it to the H5i and close the flip lid.

The weekly instructions are just for the hose:

Weekly
1. Remove the air tubing from the S9 device and the mask.
2. Wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent.
3. Rinse thoroughly, hang, and allow to dry.
4. Before next use, reconnect the air tubing to the air outlet and mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 10:13 AM)storywizard Wrote: Hi LesPauloholic

Personally I clean the humidifier every week, along with the tube, and mask. Pillows I clean every morning in soapy water...

do you play a Les Paul??

Storywizard

Thanks Storywizard.

Yes, I play a LP Cool

LesPauloholic
Post Reply Post Reply
Save yourself a bit of effort. Take out your data card, switch off the humidifier and the auto-off, dump any excess water and shake off the tank and put it back in, then run the machine for half an hour, it will try the tank, hose and tube and prevent bacterial build-up. This way you only have to do a weekly or bi-weekly cleaning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I clean my stuff once every month or two, even if it doesn't need it. Basically, it's when I think about it and don't have anything else to do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I empty the water every morning and let dry. Refill with distilled water at night.
I wash the tank once a week with dawn soap and vinegar.

I wash hose every week and let hang dry. I have two hoses, so I just switch one out and let the other dry.

I wash my nasal pillow every morning with dawn soap, and wash the mask and headgear weekly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use distilled water and dump it after every night. Hopefully early enough to let it dry. Drop the tank in the dishwasher every month or so. Not able to do that with the S-9 standard tanks, though. I washed my S9 tank w/ dishwashing detergent probably every couple of weeks. At first I was doing it every day, but that became tiresome.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I am with sgearhart on this one!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,797 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.