Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier cleaning frequency
RE: Humidifier cleaning frequency
(05-08-2015, 10:57 AM)PaytonA Wrote: I am with sgearhart on this one!!

In the OC, don't you just rinse things in the Santa Ana River?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I used distilled water but I stopped dumping it out every day within the first month, because I don't use a whole lot. I look at the water level and after a couple days, when it goes down a certain level, I replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I clean my humidifier chamber once a week with my hose and mask in warm, mild, soapy water.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the good advice everyone

Thanks

LesPauloholic
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 11:07 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-08-2015, 10:57 AM)PaytonA Wrote: I am with sgearhart on this one!!

In the OC, don't you just rinse things in the Santa Ana River?

That is only when I get a round toit.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 10:28 AM)DocWils Wrote: Save yourself a bit of effort. Take out your data card, switch off the humidifier and the auto-off, dump any excess water and shake off the tank and put it back in, then run the machine for half an hour, it will try the tank, hose and tube and prevent bacterial build-up. This way you only have to do a weekly or bi-weekly cleaning.

Taking out the data card daily will probably cause problems with damaging the SD card reader. They just aren't well built enough to handle that many insert-remove cycles. In 3 years, that would be 1000 cycles.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash the mask every two-three days. I've been using CPAP for about six months, and I've cleaned the head gear, tub and hose about three times. Life is short, and I've got better things to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 08:34 PM)PaytonA Wrote: That is only when I get a round toit.

I don't have a toit but how about a round tuit?

[Image: tuit.jpg]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
It's part of my morning routine to wash the pillows (mask) and humidifier tank every morning with just a squirt of mild hand soap -- and then airing it out beside a blowing air purifier throughout the day. Having done this for a year, I never feel I need to do a massive heavy period cleaning with strong stuff. One year later, all my stuff still seems like the first day I got them.

The hose though I do only once every 7-14 days. I should do I more often I know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 10:28 AM)DocWils Wrote: Save yourself a bit of effort. Take out your data card, switch off the humidifier and the auto-off, dump any excess water and shake off the tank and put it back in, then run the machine for half an hour, it will try the tank, hose and tube and prevent bacterial build-up. This way you only have to do a weekly or bi-weekly cleaning.

What you describe is a bit of effort to me. I would rather pull out the tank empty it and leave it open to dry until It's time to use it again. Meanwhile the machine will run itself for 20 min after auto off to dry the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 219 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 756 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.