Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier cold in am
Humidifier cold in am
Sorry for all the questions. I can definitely say that you guys have been so helpful!

At night I set my humidifier to warm up and then start CPAP. This morning was the first time I had taken the humidifier tank out right after stopping the machine. I noticed it was stone cold at the bottom where it's metal. Should it be?

I assumed seeing I had just turned CPAP off and pulled the tank out right away and had pre-warmed it the night before that it should be warm in the am. Maybe not hot, but warm.

Does pressing the button in the night to stop the flow of air while getting up to use the bathroom turn off the heat aspect on the humidifier?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier cold in am
(09-26-2015, 06:52 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Sorry for all the questions. I can definitely say that you guys have been so helpful!

At night I set my humidifier to warm up and then start CPAP. This morning was the first time I had taken the humidifier tank out right after stopping the machine. I noticed it was stone cold at the bottom where it's metal. Should it be? Only slightly warm.

I assumed seeing I had just turned CPAP off and pulled the tank out right away and had pre-warmed it the night before that it should be warm in the am. Maybe not hot, but warm. My tank was only slightly warm when I forgot to fill it; and it ran dry. That was at setting 5.

Does pressing the button in the night to stop the flow of air while getting up to use the bathroom turn off the heat aspect on the humidifier?
No. It turns right back on when you press start.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 06:52 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Does pressing the button in the night to stop the flow of air while getting up to use the bathroom turn off the heat aspect on the humidifier?
Yes, it goes straight into cooling mode and keep blowing air to cool the heater plate up to an hour or until you press the start button again
If wanted and not too urgent, you can do the warming up again before going to the bathroom

Unlike the S8 humidifier, S9 and A10 have minds on their own, mine does not feel warm to touch in the morning

Post Reply Post Reply
My APAP stays pretty consistent all night, even if I get up and turn machine off.
In the morning, the heater plate is slightly warm.
I have both heated hose and humidifier set to 2.
Always hated cold air blowing up my nose. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK well my heater plate and bottom of tank are both cold in the am. Not even slightly warm and I have the humidity setting at 4. So I'm wondering if that part of it is even working. It is after all just a loaner machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 07:16 AM)cate1898 Wrote: OK well my heater plate and bottom of tank are both cold in the am. Not even slightly warm and I have the humidity setting at 4. So I'm wondering if that part of it is even working. It is after all just a loaner machine.
Is there a simple way for me to check that my H5i heater plate is working properly?
http://www.resmed.com/int/patients_and_f...nc=dealers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks zonk!! That was helpful. Now at least I know it does in fact work. Not sure why the tank and heater plate both feel really cold in the a.m., but after doing the above linked test, I know it works.

If I buy and use a Climate Line heated tube would I then just not bother pre-warming the tank? Does the Climate Line heated tube feel hot to the touch? How does such a thing work, assuming it is safe from shocks or other dangerous things?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, if the S9 and A10 humidifiers respond to the humidity in the room, which I suspect that they do, it would be normal for the heater not to be running most mornings, if you are not running air conditioning. The reason for this is that as the room cools off during the night, the relative humidity increases and so by morning the ambient humidity may be high enough that the humidifier does not need to increase it any further.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, sounds reasonable. And no, wasn't running A/C. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any morning you wake up and find the lawn is wet from dew will mean the previous night had 100% humidity during part of its span. On those nights, your humidifier will use less water.

Furthermore, if the hickory nuts have a hull thinner than 1/8", it will be a mild winter...thicker than 1/8" means a colder winter with extra snowfall.

I learned all of that from Charlie Thomas, my grandfather. I try to plug him every chance I get. R.I.P. pawpaw.

Dude

ps. I suspect there is indeed a humidistat controlling the heater on the humidifier of the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 756 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 785 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.