Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier drying out
Humidifier drying out
I awake in the morning with dry sinuses and mouth. My humidifier is filled with distilled water at bedtime and is empty by morning. Adjusting the humidifier temperature doesn't solve the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier drying out
Sounds like you're leaking out your mouth a lot. The best thing to do would be to get software and look at what's going on to see if leaking is your problem.

I see that you list a straight CPAP pressure of 11cm but you say you have a VPAP ST-A. What are the other numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
Water leak in tank? Mask leaks? A mask leak will cause high air flow which will pull a lot of water with it.
Are you using a climateline hose?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My previous experience with using up the water in the humidifier was that my mouth and airway stayed relatively moist until the humidifier ran out of water and then everything got very dry very fast. If I slept through the whole night I might (and did) think that my mouth and airway had been dry all night. I had a few bad experiences with some noxious fumes when the humidifier tank was dry so I have been very careful not to let my tank run dry.

I do not have any experience with the H5i humidifiers and S9 CPAPs so I can't say much about your apparent humidifier control problem.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like your H5i is using a lot more water than mine. What is the humidity level in your house? I use about one third cup per night and the humidity in my house is about 35 percent. The H5i setting is 3.5.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gimp,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a chinstrap and see if that will help you keep your mouth closed.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a big mouth leak to me too. I woke up the other day with my lip sticking out of the bottom of my FFM -- I guess I was chewing on the mask in the middle of the night Bug-eyed

Anyhow, that was a huge mouth-leak and I woke up with a painfully dry mouth/throat (and dry humidifier tank).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 758 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 786 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.