Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier on the Respironics System One Auto A Flex
Humidifier on the Respironics System One Auto A Flex
Hi all,

So I got this new system yesterday (DS560) and it looks great. Problem is, I wound up waking with dry mouth 2x last night, needing a drink of water.

I filled it to the max line and it was empty in the morning. My pressure is 9-10. I ran the humidifier at 4 first, then upped to 5 when I woke up dry the first time. I never had that problem with the S7 Lightweight from Resmed. I am wondering if the heated hose has something to do with it?
Any suggestions would be helpful because I wont be able to get the benefit of this if i keep waking up with a dry mouth.

Thanks!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier on the Respironics System One Auto A Flex
Sounds like 'mouth breathing' to me. With a FFM, even with the humidity on a higher setting, if you are mouth breathing, some folks will still get a dry mouth.

Choices are;
Live with it
Try to nose breathe more
switch to a nasal mask and chinstrap

Or, simply wait for a few other replies that should include ideas on how to help with the dry mouth.

As a very long term mouth breather (til nose repair surgery), it is something that I learned to live with, and over time (many years) the skin in my mouth toughened, or got used to the dryness (I know not which) - at this point, I use a nasal mask and am still struggling to *not* mouth breathe. I would say that roughly 7 out of 10 nights I am successful, and on the nights I am not, I can tell when I awake.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,672 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 112 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 377 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 119 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 391 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 268 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,864 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.