Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier problem
Humidifier problem
I've had my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for about a week.  I have the humidity level at 4. Every morning most of the distilled water is gone from the tank.  I just noticed this morning that the tank is still full. I had a good night,no problems. For some reason I didn't use any water. The tank was locked in tight. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier problem
Uh oh! I've got the same machine. If the metal bottom of the tank doesn't get  warm, you ain't gonna git no humidity. Turn it on and let it run for a couple of minutes, you should be able to feel it warming up. Hope your DME provider is nearby and you can get it swapped out quickly if it won't chooch. (Hint: even though you apparently don't need the humidity, it's best to have it available in case you suddenly do.)
Post Reply Post Reply
It uses what is needed, not just because it is on. If the room humidity is high enough, it won't use much. If the room humidity is low, it can use more.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Was it okay last night?
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity is set to automatic and will only use water if humidity is low.
Some nights with it being automatic it will not use anything, next night it might use quite a bit.
If you don't get enough humidity, go into settings and put it to manual then select the temperature.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks can cause a lot of water to be used. Did you have better than average night as far as leaks go?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just the opposite. I only got 53 minutes last night. Makes no sense to me. The last thing I look for before I go to sleep is the happy face mask fit.  I had a leak most of the night. Just hope it doesn't happen often.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,464 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.