Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken?
Question 
Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken?
I have used my new System One for 4 nights now - and the humidifier's only used less than 1/2 it's water. I have it "on" and set to "1" and the blue LED is lit up like normal. And my bedroom has been averaging about 80 degrees in this heat.

Is this at all normal? Or is my humidifier broken? Thinking-about
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken?
I don't use the machine but does not sound broken as the water level dropping, not by much but nevertheless down

You can raise humidity level or/and try different humidification mode but your nose might not like it, if happy with 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk. I was fine until last night... nose woke up a bit irritated and on the dry side.

(07-05-2015, 09:33 PM)zonk Wrote: I don't use the machine but does not sound broken as the water level dropping, not by much but nevertheless down

You can raise humidity level or/and try different humidification mode but your nose might not like it, if happy with 1

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like it's working if the water level s dropping. I have mine set on 2 in a very dry climate. I can go for 3 nights before needing to refill although usually dump, rinse and refill at the beginning of night three as it has occasionally run dry during night 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine uses more water if heated hose is on.
I bought a Hygrometer so I can keep track of the humidify level in my room.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds normal to me. You are using the lowest setting. I could go 4 nights with a setting of 4. I don't because I like to let the tank dry out frequently so I only add 1/2 tank of water at a time and it will easily go 2-3 nights.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Ailu Wrote: I have used my new System One for 4 nights now - and the humidifier's only used less than 1/2 it's water. I have it "on" and set to "1" and the blue LED is lit up like normal. And my bedroom has been averaging about 80 degrees in this heat.

Is this at all normal? Or is my humidifier broken? Thinking-about

Working fine - you just have your humidity set to the lowest setting. Try 3 - which is the midrange. Most people are pretty comfortable at that. If too much, then bump it down to 2. If too little, bump it up to 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a different machine but I use 1/2 to 2/3 tank a night (8 hours) with setting of 4 and the slimline hose.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I read somewhere else in the forum about the risks of leaving extra water in your tank. Mold can build up behind the gasket but more importantly in the tubes in the machine. I fill to less than 1/2 with humidity on 4 and dump the little residual in the AM. This way both my machine and the tub fully dry with no moisture retained in any part.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember the relative humidity indoors is high indoors this time of year unless you are running air conditioning. Higher ambient humidity will have less evaporative effect on your water chamber, but the delivered humidity should be unchanged. If you live in Phoenix this is not true, but it certainly is in the humid states.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 84 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,802 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 247 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 210 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 181 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.