Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken?
RE: Humidifier still has water after 4 nights... broken?
I run humidity level of 4 and my heated hose at 70 degrees. A tub of water lasts me 3 nights.
Except last weekend, in the hospital where it was very hot an humid, cranked the humidity to 1 and the heated hose to off. Barely used a drop of water.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a heated hose on my loaner (same machine you have) and once the a/c went on, my 3 or 4 setting wasn't enough. I used the advice from another posting and went into the clinical setting and turned off automatic humidity. It then listed c1 - c5. Selected c3 and got my humidity back. Then got rain out which I resolved temporarily by covering most of hose with blanket. Guess I will have to sew up that hose cozy today.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose takes care of any rain-out, for me. I've only had that problem once, when I turned the hose to room temp. Fortunately I like warm and moist air, most nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys! I have my hose off and the humidity LED is lit, set all the way up to 3, and it feels great, with no rain out. But the water barely moves. Also, when I download it to sleepyhead, it say "Humidifier: Disconnected". Weird... Thinking-about
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I dump out whatever water is left in it, and dry it with clean Kleenex (non lotion) tissues. I wash it once a week with clear, scent free dish soap, rise with tap water, and then rinse with distilled water and dry it again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2015, 09:55 PM)Ailu Wrote: Thanks guys! I have my hose off and the humidity LED is lit, set all the way up to 3, and it feels great, with no rain out. But the water barely moves. Also, when I download it to sleepyhead, it say "Humidifier: Disconnected". Weird... Thinking-about

I frequently see the same humidifier status in Sleepyhead. Since you are not using System One humidification, instead operating the humidifier and hose separately, the status shows disconnected. You know what the settings are, and they work for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your water use amazes me. I live in a humid area, have my humidifier set to 4 and I use a full tank ever night.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2015, 06:08 PM)LexTac Wrote: Your water use amazes me. I live in a humid area, have my humidifier set to 4 and I use a full tank ever night.

Yes me too! I have had it set to 3 all week and the tank is still 3/4 full! And this is in 90* weather!
Dont-know
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll add that I used to live in Pollock Pines, CA at 4000 feet in the Sierra, and daily summer humidity fell into the single digits with nighttime RH in the teens to 50% range. It seems you should be using more water. Is the evaporation warmer under the humidifier chamber warm in the morning? If everything is cold and you have the humidifier on, it might be broken.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the air conditioner on in the bedroom, and my humidifier and heated hose on auto, and it us usually half full when I get out of bed for the day. In winter, on auto, it uses a lot more water.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.