Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier stopped working
Thumbsdown 
Humidifier stopped working
My Resmed s9 is set on 4.5 and had been working.
The last few days the water level in the humidity
Tank does not go down overnite and my throat is
Dry in the morning.

I live in Florida but the a/c is on.

Any suggestions

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier stopped working
I assume you mean your humidifier is set to 4.5; have you tried raising the humidifier setting? Or, you might need a chin strap to keep your mouth closed during the night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try raising it to 5.0 thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a different machine but my humidifier stopped working after a year. I tried everything from unplugging the machine, removing and snapping the humidifier back onto the machine, changing the humidifier settings, etc. I made an appointment with my DME and told the technician all that I tried. He said since none of those things helped, my heater must have stopped working. I needed to replace the humidifier and was given a used one as a replacement. I noticed now after 6 months the same thing is happening. I will probably have to replace this one too. Supplier #2 sells gently used ones at a decent price if you need to pay out of pocket for a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 95 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 382 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 180 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.