Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier turning off
Humidifier turning off
Hi, I am new here, and thank you for allowing me to join. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I am now using a Dreamstation, for about 2 months. Before that I used a F & P, for 10 years and had no problems with this issue..... My humidifier is turning off about about 4 hours of use. Then the cold air wakes me up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I swapped it out with my distributor, and am having the same issue with this new one. I am thinking it is the settings, but they are telling me it isn't. I changed power outlets to make sure it isn't that. I am wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this. I do know how to use the clinician settings. Maybe the one with that looks like a fan, one ex'd out and the other one not, for lack of a name for it. Only "name" listed with it, is the letter "A" I know this has gone on and on, and I do apologize for that,  but I wanted to make sure I have described it properly. I would appreciate any responses to my problem here.

(Thank you for your patience in reading this)

pmcgall64
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier turning off
Hi and welcome to the Apnea Board.

I'd offer better help but I'm not familiar with Respironics DreamStation devices that well. It sounds like it either could be a setting or the unit has a bad heater or controller. Others more informed will post assistance shortly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a heated hose, check the setting. This should keep the air from feeling cold.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave. The reason I think it's a setting is because I've swapped out the while set and it's doing the same thing. I'll keep searching. 

P
Post Reply Post Reply
Opal, Thank you, The hose comes on. Neither it or the humidifier are STAYING on. I'm trying to figure out what settings it needs to stay on. 

P.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!
I've always had a cpap unit and a humidifier. I'm using a ResMed S9E and added a heated hose when I found they were available. I've never had the unit that you have.

My experience, in hopes that this will help you resolve your issues. I know that if I sleep longer than usual in the winter, I have run out of water in the reservoir. I'm sorry, I don't know if the humidifier and heated hose shut down if the reservoir is empty...

This is important. I've learned that I must completely fill the humidifier reservoir with water or I may end up with a dry reservoir.

I find that my sleep quality is much better now that I'm using a humidifier and heated hose with my cpap machine.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:58 AM)pmcgall64 Wrote: Opal, Thank you, The hose comes on. Neither it or the humidifier are STAYING on. I'm trying to figure out what settings it needs to stay on. 

P.

You're getting wonderful suggestions from others here...question:

Do you still have water in your humidifier when you wake up in the morning? I wonder if your machine shuts off if you don't have any water in it?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
In the Clinicians Manual:

Go to Comfort Settings
This screen will take you to a sub-menu where you can adjust the humidification and heater tube settings.

You can choose between Fixed or Adaptive (A) Humidification.

If a heated tube is attached to the device, then the device will automatically switch to Heated Tube Humidification Mode.

Fixed mode applies a constant heat on the humidifier heater plate.
Under certain conditions and settings, this mode can allow condensation to occur in the tube.

Adaptive mode adapts the heater plate temperature to the ambient conditions in the room.  
This is designed to not allow condensation to occur in the tube.

Humidifier
This setting allows you to choose the desired humidity setting for the humidifier: 0, 1, 2,3,4 or 5.

Tube Temperature
This setting allows you to choose the desired temperature for the heated tube: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

If you need a Clinicians manual:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried plugging your machine into a different power outlet, or even an outlet in another room for a night our two? Do you have it plugged into a surge protector, power strip or extension cord? Since the same issue has happened to two different machines, it suggests the cause of the problem may be some exterior factor causing the device to malfunction, such as an electrical device delivering either high or low voltage. It may be worthwhile to check the voltage where the machine’s power supply is plugged in when the malfunction occurs. 

Other possible problems could be the machine, power supply or both being in an area with poor air circulation, causing a heat problem. The power supply and the machine being placed too close together could also be a possible cause of over heating.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I appreciate the welcome and responding.....It's not that the humidifier runs out. The hose just quits. After about 1.5 to 2 hours. With plenty of water left.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 352 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,160 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 786 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.