Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier
Humidifier
For those that have a humidifier, which seems to be the majority, if you have paid close attention to the temperature of the air when you put your hand in front of your mask. If you have or if you put your hand in front of your mask now that I said something about it, how does the air feel and by this I mean cold, warm, hot? Also, it would be helpful if you can post what temp setting you have?

I ask because I am wondering if my humidifier is working as it should be
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier
Not too helpful I'm sure, but on my A10, I have climateline and humidifier that came with machine, set to auto. My bedroom is a chilly 62 (cause I LIKE it that way) and the air coming from diffuser is I'd say about room temp, not cold or warm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I don't have a ResMed so not sure if I can help, but on my PR 60 Series heated humidifier with heated hose, the air is lukewarm. It was definetly cold before I got the heated hose even if I used the preheat feature. My setting is on 3, not sure what that means, and the heated hose is set to 4.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like the rest of the planet we use the metric system and Celsius so my S9 is on 23c
I have to clean and refill every 2 days..

Due to pressure te Air feels cooler than room temperature wich is 19c

Just blow with pressure against your hand, the air comes out at body temp but feels colder
Now exhale softly without pressure against your hand and the air is warm.

simple as that

Humidifier probably works fine!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have S9 Auto with Climateline hose set to auto and 82 deg. F. The air from the S9 feels cool and just outside the vent cooler. If your skin temperature is over 90 deg. F, air temperature in the 80s will feel cool. The air coming out of the vent will feel cooler because it expands rapidly once it leaves the vent. This is how refrigeration works on a small scale.

Are you getting any rainout or more dry mouth than normal? If not, then all is probably well.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 07:57 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I have S9 Auto with Climateline hose set to auto and 82 deg. F. The air from the S9 feels cool and just outside the vent cooler. If your skin temperature is over 90 deg. F, air temperature in the 80s will feel cool. The air coming out of the vent will feel cooler because it expands rapidly once it leaves the vent. This is how refrigeration works on a small scale.

Are you getting any rainout or more dry mouth than normal? If not, then all is probably well.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Adiabatic cooling from decompression from 20 cm-H2O. Naw.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 08:52 PM)justMongo Wrote: Adiabatic cooling from decompression from 20 cm-H2O. Naw.

Yep. The effect is there and I know of no other explanation.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 323 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 788 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.