Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidity Questions
RE: Humidity Questions
@ Big Guy
Hose hanger?
I'm going to have to look that one up, it's new to me.
Thank you!

It's sounding like a hose cover might be useful, if it fights the rainout I'm all for trying it.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Brazen I am also new to ClimateLine but not CPAP.  
You stated setting Automatic but Hose Temp 72. I believe the manual states Automatic equates to Hose temp 80 and Humidifier at 4. What the sensor does after that is hard to know.

I tried automatic and manual. Have also tested disconnecting and re-connecting hose although makes the menu items disappear or appear but does not change your previous settings.

With my new setup I switched from Nasal Prongs to F30 hybrid full because I just had my 3rd Sinus Surgery. First was over 20 years ago. This ResMed F30 mask is famous for leaking and I have been struggling with that.

With my 20 year old Respronics REMstar Pro with C-Flex, I got used to monitoring how much water I consumed in addition to the humidifier settings. I had used 2 different humidifiers both old having analog dial control. Fisher & Paykel HC150 CPAP Humidifier and sometimes the REMstar one that connected directly to the REMstar but it was not as effective.

I had no leaks with Nasal Prongs. With the F30, I have found just a little bit of moisture and standard hose will make cold water settle on your face and wakes me up. So switching to ClimateLine on auto, I was happy I still had a little water but it did not wake me because of the warmer air. So now I am on manual experimenting with both settings. My latest is Hose 78 and Humidified 3. Less water but the 2 degrees made a difference that it felt like cold water again. Not sure if the Automatic does something different then Hose 80 and Water 4 in execution. I am sure it does or it would not need the sensor.

So my point is, hose temp not only keeps humidity from condensing somewhat but also keeps the air warmer so its not cold air on top of cold water on your face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the hose cover it that effective in preventing rain out unless your room is very cold.

I use one for comfort of the tube on my body. So when I tried the ClimateLine for the first night, I did not move my cover until I knew I was going to keep using the new hose.

I want to look into a hanger and top head connection. Seems that would make the water settle back to the chamber. Before the ClimateLine, my habit was to have some of the hose on my chest to warm it.

I live in the deep south so we always have high humidity and have not had any significant cold fronts yet so room ac is still about 73. Out weather people have to explain how relative humidity can go over 100 on occasion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2022, 11:23 PM)Brazen Wrote: @ Big Guy
Hose hanger?
I'm going to have to look that one up, it's new to me.
Thank you!

It's sounding like a hose cover might be useful, if it fights the rainout I'm all for trying it.

My machine sits atop a bedside file cabinet that is the same height as our bed. My hose hanger sits atop our bed's headboard. 

The hose runs up to the top of the hose hanger and then back down to my mask. I built my own hose hanger, but many are available. Some just use some kind of an attachment point on the wall above the bed. It's doesn't have to be elaborate at all. 

I have two light weight skinny bungee cords that allow the hose to move some as needed. All in all, it works great.

Some hose holders are placed between the box spring and the mattress. To me, that doesn't sound all that great. I like my hose holder much higher and rock solid.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Brazen  I also have an AirSense 11.  I've been using the Auto settings for climate control, humidity, and tube temp, which have worked out well for me.  No more dry mouth in the morning since I got my pressure settings dialed in.  It might be worth trying out Auto for a while.

Oddly, although my OSCAR report indicates Auto, it also reports Humidity Level 4 and Temperature 25 degrees C.  I can't find those numbers in the settings on my machine, so I don't know where they come from.

The other setting I found that wasn't immediately apparent to me is Warmup, under the gray More button.  This starts the heating and humidification before you put the mask on, for up to 30 minutes.  After that, it starts cool down.  If I think of it when I'm getting ready for be, I hit Warmup so that I'm not blasted with cold air initially.  It's not a permanent setting -- you have to click it every time you want it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to set the ClimateLine to Manual to see the other 2 fields. Appears that it keeps the old values but overrides if you set to Automatic.

Humidity control setting will show all the time.  The ClimateLine settings appear as soon as you plug in a CliimateLine. The last setting to appear is when you set to Manual control.

https://document.resmed.com/documents/pr...lo_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the good info!

My machine gives me the option to set tube temp when I have humidity on Auto. I don't know if it actually goes to what I set it or defaults to 80° as stated above. 
Weird that it gives me the option to set if it doesn't actually go to that setting.

The Auto setting wasn't working for me when the humidity in my home got low.
We've had a couple humid days and it's back up to 50% humidity in my home so I set the machine to Auto again.
That works fine when the humidity in the home is high.

My machine sits on a table even with my head, I curl up a bit of the hose next to me in the bed and the rest hangs down.  I would think that low point would catch excess moisture away from the mask?
A hose cover might be helpful, my room does get cold overnight.

I use the F30 FFM. It's the only one I've found that works well for me. It's finicky on placement to avoid leaks but most nights it works.

Any water on my face at all wakes me up in Hulk mode so I feel like it's gonna take a lot of fiddling with the settings. So annoying and frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 152 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,162 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.