Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidity button gone
This is weird, I adjusted my humidity level yesterday from 4 to 2 because I had water in the tubing and that worked fine. However, the humidity button has now disappeared from my machine. It was in "my options" but it's no longer there. I even went into the clinical menu setup and I still can't find it. Weird?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the humidifier correctly attached to the machine? Is the heated hose (if you have one) attached correctly to the humidifier?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes all connected
Post Reply Post Reply

So what I have just noticed is, that once I attach my climateline tube I no longer have control of my humidity setting unless I change climate control to manual? Is that correct?

When I adjusted the humidity level from 4 to 2 it was when the hose was out, but it seems that when I reconnected the hose it would override that setting.

Why can't this be easier. Does anyone else have the climateline tube and is what I'm saying make any sense.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have the same setup as you, but I have read plenty of threads where people were discussing the ResMed humidifier heated hose. Yes, you have to put it in "Manual" to change the settings. If it's in "Auto" mode, I believe you get a setting of 85% relative humidity and a hose temperature of 80 degrees F. Or something close to that.

From the ResMed site:

Quote:When using ClimateLine™ heated tubing, we recommend using Auto mode, which defaults to a Climate Control setting of 80° F. From there, you can adjust up and down as necessary. If using ClimateLine heated tubing in Manual mode, start with a humidity level setting of 3 and a heated tube setting of 80°. Adjust the humidity level up and down by 0.5 to address any drying or rainout issues, and adjust the heated tube level up and down in one-degree increments to find the most comfortable temperature setting.

You probably got a user manual that explains how the ClimateLine hose works. If not, you can find it online.
Post Reply Post Reply
Green wings has it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 10 778 01-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: bry248
  Hose Temperature/Humidity Logic Question bluemom51 8 656 12-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: chill
  New to CPAP and having humidity and mask fit issues shylock31 6 437 12-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: shylock31
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 844 11-21-2016, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  pressure vs EPR vs hypopnea vs humidity vs congestion Rick76599 6 596 10-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Rick76599
  Low pressure auto button off question Lanco 1 333 09-21-2016, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Lanco
  Has anyone developed a cough from humidity being set too low? NickNick 7 794 09-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb