Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidity issues/dry throat/ResMed AirSense 10 for Her
RE: Humidity issues/dry throat/ResMed AirSense 10 for Her
An upate on my dry throat issues:
Last night, I used the chin strap and my Dreamwear nasal mask. Within 4 hours, my water tank was almost empty and my throat was raw...even with the chin strap. I got up and switched to my Brevida nasal mask with chin strap. Woke up 2 hours later with my throat STILL dry and water about half empty.

Decided to turn off the female breathing algorithim and return to the standard. No further problems. Hmmm.

I have ordered a full face mask, but also am going to contact ResMed to see if I can figure out why this is happening just on the female breathing algorithim.

I used both my husband's RemStar Auto and then my Dreamstation APAP for 3 weeks with the Dreamwear nasal and had no issues with dry throat, mouth breathing or water running out.

Even with a solid chin strap, I woke up several times and it seemed my mouth was actually being blown open from the inside air pressure.

Makes me wonder if the APAP pressure doesn't need to be as high if using the female breathing pattern. But right now, I'm exhausted after several nights of dealing with this, so am going to stick with the standard breathing pattern until I get a FFM and have a day after to waste (from being tired.)

jaw2004
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope...no gurgling sound.  Haven't had a problem with condesation in the tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2017, 06:22 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: You might try wearing the mask while watching tv, or reading a book or something else while you are awake.

That's a good idea....I will try it.  I'm going to try the Amara View...which is mostly a nasal cushion with a mouth mask.  Hope it will be adequate to reduce my leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.