Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidity level during hot humid months...
Humidity level during hot humid months...
Hello, just wondering if anyone uses 0% humidity during humid months. This summer has been brutal with humididty & just wondering if I need it at level 4(halfway) or not because the air is so humid already. Has anyone done this & what were your results. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidity level during hot humid months...
It's variable because it depends on whether you personally need more humidity and whether you are operating air conditioning or not. However, that said, when you aren't sure of your humidity level and auto isn't working for you, starting at 3 (or midlevel) seems best. Then you can decide if you need more or less. If I have too much humidity, I wake up congested, so I know it needs to be lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn down the humidity for summer humid months in PA, but if you use air conditioning the humidity level drops a lot, and condensation can still occur in the tubing. Don't assume that your 80 to 100 percent humidity extends to indoor spaces unless you don't air-condition.

For the past 2-3 weeks we have had no AC. The condenser which was replaced 4 years ago developed a leak of the 410a refrigerent and will not hold a charge more than a day. The system is under warranty by Lennox, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to build the replacement. So far, we have suffered through the hottest weather in 30 years and two tropical systems. Ask me about humidity, LOL. Right now it's 78 degrees F and 78% humidity inside.

Once humidity is near saturation, it doesn't pick up anything from the humidifier and your water level will be unchanged. You can't add humidity to fully humid air, so this tends to be self-controlling. My advise is, if you're comfortable, leave it be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in the mountains of North Carolina. We typically have a very humid summer. And with all the rain we have gotten this year, it is even worse. I turn off my humidifier nearly all summer. Some people don't even use the humidifier.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Some people don't use humidifiers at all. You could turn off the humidifier and dump the water out and see how you like it. If it's too dry add the water and keep the humidifier off. etc etc.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep rider - just noticed where you're from, just spent two weeks in Monaca 'enjoying' some fairly biblical weather on both ends of the spectrum. I ran without the humidifier on while I was there with no adverse effects

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 86 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 473 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.