Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hybernite Rainout Control Heated CPAP Tube System
Hybernite Rainout Control Heated CPAP Tube System
Just to pass on something which you probably already know but in case you don't....

As the weather gets colder (and I tend to sleep with my mouth open so I've learned) and the cold air from the machine cools down my teeth to the point that in the morning my teeth ache right down to the bone. (I like to sleep with all the windows open) And the pain can be almost paralyzing.

I saw a Hybernite Rainout Control Heated CPAP Tube System and purchased it not for the rainout as I don't use a humidifier but I just wanted the heated hose, and I just wanted to tell anyone interested that it works wonderfully well. It seems to heat the tube based on the outside temperature. Maybe I'm giving it more credit than it deserves but it seems to me to always be the same temperature no matter how cold the outside air is as it appears to adjust to more heat as the room gets colder.

I only wish I could run it on 12 volt. I have the adaptor of the CPAP unit so when on the sailboat I run it on the batteries but if it's a really cold night I have to come to shore to get 110 volt. Poo..

Anyway just wanted to pass along that it works well and can be found here in the $70 range. Well worth it.

That's all..

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hybernite Rainout Control Heated CPAP Tube System
sleepzone Supplier #7 makes sleepzone heated tube also know as Aussie heated hose
also supplier # 17 have it too
[Image: IL_15911_.jpg]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but at your suggested provider it's $145 and up here at my provider it's only $73 literally half price but I'm not allowed to say where as I understand the rules of the forum. I'm also not allowed to show links. So I guess you'll just have to search for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I got my S9Autoset with climate line, I had considered purchasing the Hybernite system to use with the machine I was using to get a heated hose.
It sounds like a good alternative for the machines that don't have the built in heated hose capabilities.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2013, 10:01 AM)snuffles Wrote: Yes but at your suggested provider it's $145 and up here at my provider it's only $73 literally half price but I'm not allowed to say where as I understand the rules of the forum. I'm also not allowed to show links. So I guess you'll just have to search for it.

Zonk's in Australia, hence the high price. He can order stuff from the U.S., but then has to pay high shipping costs.

There is a supplier list you can click on at the top of the page. You aren't allowed to refer to suppliers by name, but you can refer to them by number. Just find the number for the supplier you are referring to and say, "Supplier #X has it for $73". For instance, a quick check shows that suppliers #14 & #18 carry them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2013, 10:01 AM)snuffles Wrote: Yes but at your suggested provider it's $145 and up here at my provider it's only $73 literally half price but I'm not allowed to say where as I understand the rules of the forum. I'm also not allowed to show links. So I guess you'll just have to search for it.

You can say where as long as the name is not also their website address. Such as if part of their name contains DOTCOM. We tend to just avoid using names altogether as it is easier and smoother.

We have the Supplier's List as a way to assist each other while still keeping this an educational forum vs commercial one. If a supplier is not listed, you just say "Google X product to find it".

Thank you for reading the rules!

After you've used the product for a while, feel free to write a review of it in the review section.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2013, 12:32 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Zonk's in Australia, hence the high price. He can order stuff from the U.S., but then has to pay high shipping costs.

Now just a system hacking minute! (a personal interjection I've used for years)
Since ResMed is an Australian company I would tend to think (apparently quite blindly) that their stuff would be cheaper down there.
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2013, 10:05 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(01-19-2013, 12:32 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Zonk's in Australia, hence the high price. He can order stuff from the U.S., but then has to pay high shipping costs.

Since ResMed is an Australian company I would tend to think (apparently quite blindly) that their stuff would be cheaper down there.
Huh

I know; that's pretty jacked up, right? (a personal interjection I've used for years)

I'm guessing Zonk probably has a few personal interjections he could add to the discussion on this topic!
Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2013, 10:05 PM)Ugly Wrote:

Huh

I don't know about CPAP being cheaper in Australia but I do know about other items from Australia and I think the Aussies have some really great inventions. One that springs to mind is the Dan Buoy which I use on my boat and after seeing me use it others in my little circle now use it also, AND it is by far cheaper to order it from Australia and ship it to Canada than to buy is anywhere in North America.

The Hybernite was $73 in Canada and $145 in the US. How much is it in Australia??
Post Reply Post Reply
$145 was the Australian price. Here in the U.S. they run about $85 with the power supply and that is usually with free shipping inside U.S.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,134 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.