Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hybernite Rainout Control Heated CPAP Tube System
RE: Hybernite Rainout Control Heated CPAP Tube System
Can't find the aussie hose at Supplier #17 - do they still carry it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 06:32 PM)herefishy Wrote: Can't find the aussie hose at Supplier #17 - do they still carry it?
listed under "Universal Heated Hose for CPAP/BiPAP" Manufacturer: Sleep Zone
its out of stock

you might want to look at getting the H5i humidifier and climateline (heated hose) to use with your S9
the climate control set on auto protects against rainout

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2013, 10:05 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(01-19-2013, 12:32 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Zonk's in Australia, hence the high price. He can order stuff from the U.S., but then has to pay high shipping costs.

Now just a system hacking minute! (a personal interjection I've used for years)
Since ResMed is an Australian company I would tend to think (apparently quite blindly) that their stuff would be cheaper down there.
Huh

Well I just HAD to comment on that. I'm in Melbourne AU and I have just bought the ResMed S9 from Supplier #2 for about a third of the price they charge here in Australia. And that includes delivery of $75. So here's to your US suppliers of this equipment. Thanks. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2013, 05:05 AM)sidetwists Wrote: Well I just HAD to comment on that. I'm in Melbourne AU and I have just bought the ResMed S9 from Supplier #2 for about a third of the price they charge here in Australia. And that includes delivery of $75. So here's to your US suppliers of this equipment. Thanks. Smile
If wanted instead power plug adapter you can use an S8 power cord with the power brick came with the machine
Supplier #13 have the S8 power cord for $9

Post Reply Post Reply
I have two homes, one in Florida and a recently established second temporary residency in NY. I never had a condensation problem within the hose in Florida, probably because we keep the house temperature at a near constant 72 to 75 degrees, regardless of the time of year. In NY, with much colder interior temperatures, I immediately ran into a severe condensation problem. The ambient temperature around the hose typically was in the mid to low 60's at night during January and February when single digit exterior temps were not uncommon.

I purchased the Hypernite system and it did indeed eliminate all condensation within the tube. However, I immediately noticed the absence of an on/off switch so, unless the power supply was unplugged, the heated hose was always on. I was not concerned about the electricity usage because this is insignificant but a small, not very prominent note, in the manual caught my attention. It stated (paraphrased) the hose should not be energized unless there was airflow through the hose. I called the vendor (Supplier #1), they researched it, and did indeed verify the heated hose should be connected unless the cpap unit was in service. I advised them a requirment to operate the system by plugging it in and unplugging it was not acceptable because the outlet and location of the power supply meant moving a night table each time. Supplier #1 then advised me they had an in line switch at additional cost. This switch connects between the connector at the cpap end of the hose and the low voltage cable that normally plugs into this connector. The switch is convenient and works well.

A few times I have inadvertently left the hose energized all day and, as expected, without obvious harm. Nevertheless, the manufacturer requires turning it off when there is no air flow so I think it is important to follow this reccomendation even though it does not really seem to be required.

I thought users of the Hybernite system should be aware of this requirement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. I picked up a switchable outlet/extension cord with an RF key chain to turn the thing on & off.
No more moving the side table!
Works like a charm!

I have tried letting it sit for a while with the power on and it doesn't get that warm. But I have it out in the open with one end of the tube on top of the book shelf while the other end is down by the side table.

It dries itself out nicely that way or I can hook it to the hose dryer I made for it.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,079 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 960 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.