Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hybrid FFM With Nasal Cushions
Hybrid FFM With Nasal Cushions
Hello,

I currently use the AirFit P10 nasal mask and I really like it. I'm also looking for a full face hybrid mask that has nasal pillows and not the nasal cushions. I have done a little research and all I could find are the Innomed/Respcare hybrid and Resmed Mirage Liberty. Do you know if there are any others on the market with nasal pillows?

Thanks,

Sleepwreck
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hybrid FFM With Nasal Cushions
Look at the Resmed F30. It is exactly as you described.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2020, 02:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Look at the Resmed F30.  It is exactly as you described.

Thanks Crimson Nape, but the Resmed has nasal cushions. I want one with nasal pillows.

Sleepwreck
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't believe there are any more than the 2 your mention.   I was looking at the same thing and could not find any that looked like it would work so I bought a F30 from ResMed.  I am very satisfied with this mask.  It is a "cradle" type of nose piece and I never thought I could wear one without a huge amount of leakage.  I was wrong - this mask (for me) has very little leakage and it stays in place all night although I am a side sleeper only.   It really is a good mask and design.  Take a look at the product reviews on this site....
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2020, 02:37 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I don't believe there are any more than the 2 your mention.   I was looking at the same thing and could not find any that looked like it would work so I bought a F30 from ResMed.  I am very satisfied with this mask.  It is a "cradle" type of nose piece and I never thought I could wear one without a huge amount of leakage.  I was wrong - this mask (for me) has very little leakage and it stays in place all night although I am a side sleeper only.   It really is a good mask and design.  Take a look at the product reviews on this site....

Thanks staceyburke. I have narrowed it down to the Amara View or the F30. I too am a side sleeper and did not have good luck with leakage with the N30i cushions so I was a little leery of these masks. I think I will try it out. 

Thanks again!

Sleepwreck 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F30 with great results, especially in terms of leaks. This surprises me, because I couldn't get the Amara view to work for me at all. 

I'm mostly a back sleeper but I do turn and sleep on my side as well. 

I've also take to using a neck brace, but I don't think this affects leaks one way or the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another +1 for the F30.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepWreck

Saw my Sleep Tech yesterday.

I asked her about that yesterday, about the Resmed Mirage Liberty. Looks interesting. Not made any more.
Also she said people had trouble getting these to fit well. Pity.

Even if you found one online somewhere parts would be a problem.

All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve used the F30, P30i, and now use the F30i (along with others irrelevant to this discussion). Although the F30 and F30i cushions are similar, I think moving the hose off the mask makes the F30i a little less susceptible to leaks as I move around.

I’ve also found that I have to use a collar with any mask that covers my mouth. Otherwise, it’s impossible for me to control leaks with any FFM or hybrid mask (and I’ve tried many). Both chin tuck and relaxing my jaw in my sleep significantly change the fit, but a collar helps with both issues. I use the Caldera Releaf. It is among the more comfortable options, though less supportive than some.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,221 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 988 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 867 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 921 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
  Using Nasal Strips along with Nasal mask or pillows Bostonsnow 6 1,161 07-18-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal Dilators st1800e 9 1,398 06-19-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: st1800e

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.