Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hybrid mask choosing
Spent this afternoon researching hybrid masks.  Apparently only three types exists.
The RespCare hybrid dual airway has adjustable height nasal pillows and a chin flap and complete with different sized fittings to customize.
The ResMed Mirage liberty has supposedly softer fixed height nasal pillows than RespCare, no chin flap and has no customization fitting I can determine (just SML mask size).
The Respironics Amara does not have nasal pillows but a "nose guard" for the nostrils.

I read hybrid threads on this board and googled various hybrid reviews.  Depending on facial shapes determines if a hybrid mask works well, just OK or forget it.  Complaints are loss of seal, not staying in place, headgear discomfort, needing to raise pressures to compensate, air blowing into eyes, loud hissing that wakes user and or bed partner, yada-yada.  Contrast with those reporting almost 100% satisfaction and praised it as being the "miracle mask".

I am using a nasal pillow mask that seems to be working but my mouth is dry so assume this is mouth breathing so think a hybrid may be answer rather than full face mask (Quattro Air example)

I went through the Apnea Board supplier lists and for most part, same mask type prices are about same, so that won't be a factor. 

Any members owned several hybrids and did one win out over another or did a new set of problem crop up with different hybrid?

I am considering using an online vendor though almost all have a no return policy or need to buy "return insurance" up front.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide to choosing APAP machine slarai 4 206 08-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: tedgreen
Question Airsense 10 hybrid mask setting TexasTiger 7 433 04-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: TexasTiger
  Choosing an Oximeter 6JS6 11 1,146 01-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Last Post: rkl122
  Hybrid Mask JenJen 2 450 08-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  [CPAP] I need help choosing a mask Casuco 16 1,699 03-16-2016, 09:13 AM