Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hydrocodone and increased AHI?
RE: Hydrocodone and increased AHI?
(01-06-2015, 09:27 AM)sgearhart Wrote:
(01-06-2015, 08:49 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote: Just noticed this. I erased the older version, downloaded and installed the 0/9.8-1, but it keep coming up in German. What can I do?

It sounds like you downloaded the international version. You have 2 options.
1. Go back and download the USA version.
2. Learn German. Smile

Also, You asked about the alarm on the oximeter; It won't even wake my dog up. Unless you're a VERY light sleeper, you need a pro unit.

Es kommt immer noch Deutsch. Versuchte alle Downloads. Dont-know

I tried all the downloads and it still comes up German. Thinking-about
Downloaded the 9.6 from the regular site and it is in English.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 07:01 PM)archangle Wrote: Go into the daily view, click on the events tab, and click on your individual central events. Look on the flow rate graphs and see how long and how complete the events are. They're more worrying if you stop breathing completely and they last a long time.

BTW, get the latest "Testing" version of SleepyHead, 0.9.8-1. It's got a lot of improvements.

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Is this it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 10:45 AM)Dolla Bill Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 07:01 PM)archangle Wrote: Go into the daily view, click on the events tab, and click on your individual central events. Look on the flow rate graphs and see how long and how complete the events are. They're more worrying if you stop breathing completely and they last a long time.

BTW, get the latest "Testing" version of SleepyHead, 0.9.8-1. It's got a lot of improvements.

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Is this it?

Look under the big 38.23. Your on the Details tab, events tab is right next to it. One thing I like about ResScan is it puts a time duration flag on the event graph.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
on wrist SpO2 monitor CMS-50F PLUS - I do set the alarm, I am a light sleeper, and it does wake me. You don't want to wait until you drop to 80, but if you find you are doing so, the idea of having doc prescribe O2 is a great idea if he'll do so. My CMS-50F cost me about $150. My doc would not prescribe it, so I bought it. Was not in the mood for a fight.

You could consider co-sleeping with a light sleeper. Mrs QAL is not a light sleeper, but I find that her sleep cycles have her in light sleep when I am in deep sleep, and opposite. So, one of us hears the alarm.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 11:06 AM)justMongo Wrote: Look under the big 38.23. You're on the Details tab, events tab is right next to it. One thing I like about ResScan is it puts a time duration flag on the event graph.

I got it. 200 CA events. Next to each is a number in parentheses. Is this the time duration. Looks like (17) is the longest. What does this tell me?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 12:18 PM)Dolla Bill Wrote: I got it. 200 CA events. Next to each is a number in parentheses. Is this the time duration. Looks like (17) is the longest. What does this tell me?
Number in () is the duration of the event in seconds.
(I think you got that.)
By itself, 17 seconds wouldn't desaturate a person much. Thing is, you're having too many events. And some are right after another. So, you take a breath, then miss about 4 breaths, then take a breath.

edit: Looking at your flow graph. You're in a pattern of 4 breaths, each one diminishing, then you stop breathing for about the time of 3 or 4 breaths. That's a really disordered pattern. That kind of pattern is not good.

In my amateur opinion, that has to be "fixed."
Options:
  • [1]Don't take Pain meds.
    [2]Supplemental O2
    [3]Temporarily use an ASV machine.

Some combination of the above as worked out with your docs.

I'd start by requesting the doc approve the rental of a medical grade oximeter with alarm to quantify and justify the options above. Hard for them to argue with data.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 01:20 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(01-06-2015, 12:18 PM)Dolla Bill Wrote: I got it. 200 CA events. Next to each is a number in parentheses. Is this the time duration. Looks like (17) is the longest. What does this tell me?
Number in () is the duration of the event in seconds.
(I think you got that.)
By itself, 17 seconds wouldn't desaturate a person much. Thing is, you're having too many events. And some are right after another. So, you take a breath, then miss about 4 breaths, then take a breath.

edit: Looking at your flow graph. You're in a pattern of 4 breaths, each one diminishing, then you stop breathing for about the time of 3 or 4 breaths. That's a really disordered pattern. That kind of pattern is not good.

In my amateur opinion, that has to be "fixed."
Options:
  • [1]Don't take Pain meds.
    [2]Supplemental O2
    [3]Temporarily use an ASV machine.

Some combination of the above as worked out with your docs.

I'd start by requesting the doc approve the rental of a medical grade oximeter with alarm to quantify and justify the options above. Hard for them to argue with data.

Thanks again, Mongo. I think that in view of the results, he will probably write me a prescription for 02, oximeter and ASV machine. Will keep you advised.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2015, 03:20 PM)Dolla Bill Wrote: Thanks again, Mongo. I think that in view of the results, he will probably write me a prescription for 02, oximeter and ASV machine. Will keep you advised.

Need to keep you going Bill. Someone has to look after those beautiful Cadillacs!

Kindest Regards

Mongo
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
well the bad news is there are lots and lots. the good news is boy what a good volume of air you are getting in your periodic breathing. you may not actually be desaturating that much. can you also report the minute ventilation during a 10 minute period where you have the dense CAs versus a ten minute period at about 04:10 on your chart?

thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
by the way, look at this strip of my 2nd night on Auto CPAP. yep. AHI over 100! But, my night ended up at AHI of 10.09 (RDI 12.30).

[attachment=1185]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 401 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  Increased RERAs Uzupan 0 364 08-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] Switched from nose mask to full face and AHI has increased touwmus 23 1,956 07-02-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: touwmus
Question Ozempic and increased hypopneas arpegio 2 706 06-11-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Therapy Advise Switched to Full Face Mask AHI increased Roamomo 6 945 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: paulryan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.