Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hyoid Suspension / Airlift procedure
Hyoid Suspension / Airlift procedure
Hi peeps,
Have any of you had the Hyoid Suspension./ Airlift procedure?  How were your results from before? I have moderate sleep apnea and snore consistently. The snoring has not subsided, but perhaps the sleep apnea has? I'll know when I do another sleep study.

Thanks!
SM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hyoid Suspension / Airlift procedure
I have no knowledge to offer, but have  two links that might be helpful.

Using our forum's Search feature, a search for all "hyoid"  posts yields the list at the following link: 

Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea - Search Results .

Among other listed posts, this recent one of mine touches on the matter with links to research describing mechanical properties of our airways and challenges from airway irregularities: 

Could a Fractured Hyoid Cause Epiglottis Prolapse=OSAS | Apnea Board .
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airlift P30i vs. AirFit F30i Jose Castro 2 843 10-19-2023, 10:52 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  airlift a-20 leaking badly HONDA GOLDWING 1 518 12-22-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Difference between Airlift F10 and F20 masks? ECM5 4 1,304 06-21-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: car54
  change insurance procedure ajwees41 3 784 04-08-2022, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyTeacher
  Hyoid suspension to treat sleep apnea chandlertj53 1 622 03-16-2022, 11:01 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  pillar procedure questions chavill02 0 539 02-16-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: chavill02
  [Diagnosis] Could a Fractured Hyoid Cause Epiglottis Prolapse=OSAS jtucker803 3 796 10-16-2021, 03:52 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.