Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Hyper active brain and sleep
(06-19-2015 09:47 AM)Barbz Wrote:  Have be told via sleep studies, I have alpha intrusions. That would be my brain working over time, right?
Alpha waves are actually related to imagery, and you can use that to your advantage, by trying to build an image of rolling down a highway or some such thing, one that is monotonous, and it will help you to get to sleep. When I have trouble dropping off, as I do, I imagine a journey to Mars in immense detail and the sheer boredom of such a trip puts me out like a light.

(06-19-2015 09:47 AM)Barbz Wrote:  I also have tinnitus, mild burning and tingling foot neuropathy and I know that these can affect sleep also.

Yes they can - you can use imagery to over come this. A system called a Mind Mirror (a simple form of neurofeedback) has been shown to be effective in helping to train you in this direction. Look into it.
06-20-2015 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Barbz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: DS760 & S9 VPAP
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: Oracle
Humidifier: Respironics heated tube
CPAP Pressure: 6-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

@DocWils
I have been on the right track...in a slight stupor though. Just found print out about how Steve Jobs trained his mind. It goes along with what you said, different wording. Says to find your Ox Mind...that slow plodding part of your brain. Do not try to silence the chattering Monkey Mind...observe it, get to know it. After time switch to that Ox Mind that observes, thinking slowly. This slow movement gradually puts Monkey Mind to sleep!

It reminds me of your monotonous road....thanks for your input. Did some initial research into Mind Mirror. Also restarted using ultrasound on feet. That helps!Smile
06-20-2015 08:37 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I've gone through all sorts of stuff to shut my brain up and try to get to sleep. Right now, the combination of mediation, music, and Ambien (on nights I know the others are not going to work) and I am slowly regaining some ground. I have a lot of health issues and it varies as to which symptom is the loudest. My sleep program has to be capable of working despite that. Which is why I love Ambien.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-20-2015 10:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Staying "active" with your DME Dawei 12 712 02-29-2016 01:33 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [News] "Sleep apnea takes a toll on brain function" [Science Daily, new study results] WakeUpTime 2 808 02-12-2016 10:17 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Help from ACTIVE sleepers. Yet another mask thread. Mark Douglas 0 472 06-03-2015 10:07 AM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  Brain Fog jeffbrdr 9 3,262 02-19-2015 01:00 PM
Last Post: jeffbrdr
  Encore Pro Error "The media does not belong to an active EncorePro patient" jjgereg 3 1,439 07-20-2014 07:31 PM
Last Post: lrosenman
Question is my machine brain damaged? frogprinsce 9 1,841 02-27-2014 08:59 AM
Last Post: JWR
  [News] Scientists: Sleep Weakens, Not Strengthens, Brain Synaptic Connections ApneaNews 1 928 02-19-2014 10:51 PM
Last Post: JJJ