Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hypoapnea algorithm and pressure
RE: Hypoapnea algorithm and pressure
(02-21-2020, 12:05 PM)astracan Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 11:49 AM)bonjour Wrote: I did not see your model and serial number.  I have not read all the posts since yesterday.  

The events do follow a pattern, BUT you do have to understand what the interpretation is based on.  In the case you cited here the 'normal' value was decreased because of the earlier hypopnea thus losing the determining criteria for hypopnea.    

FYI, there are a lot of flow limitations in that graphic, granted a number of them are minor, but they are there.

Bonjour, I find this fascinating that says that one hypopnea changes to some extent the values for the consideration of another hypopnea if it is very often. I've always thought that, although I don't have a confirmation! On the limitation of flow, I also believe that there is, when studying the waves, but the machine does not mark it as such. Can it be broken? I have to value it.
Second part of the post...
3.-Is this RERA ?. I add capture [attachment=20188] and this? I add capture [attachment=20191]
4.-In these two obstructive Apneas, it seems that the pattern is determined by the leak, am I right? I add capture [attachment=20190]
5.- Can you think of what I can do to activate RERA detection on my machine? From what he told me, it is a relatively new machine and according to Opalrose I should be able to activate it, I thought I understood.
Finally, I think I have read what is in the forum about flow limitation and also the wiki. Could you recommend me some other place to learn more about this topic?
Thank you so much for everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
1st graphic. I cannot determine on this scale, at most I see several areas that need further investigation.
2nd graphic , again the scale is not conducive to analysis, 7:28:00 - 7:28:40 has a smaller volume than other areas and as such MAY be flow limitation but I can't tell on this scale. The flow limitation chart says it is. The blips on both sides are minor and as such should not be bothersome for most.
3rd graphic, the first obstructive apnea is false, it expiratory mouth breathing with a nasal mask, the exhale is bypassing the breathing circuit, the inhale is mostly through the mouth with a minor amount of nasal breathing. 051425 is arousal (and the start of disordered breathing) with the start of the graph until 051425 looks like flow limitations so that is a RERA. There is another segment of disordered breathing 051610 - 051740 .
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 09:19 PM)bonjour Wrote:  I cannot determine on this scale, at most I see several areas that need further investigation.

What scale do you need for analysis? What graphics do you need for flow limitation analysis: flow rate and flow limitation? At what scale?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t understand the desire to analyse every breath, I don’t have UARs so that my be it but it’s about getting the best sleep you can get every night not about analysing every breath from the previous night.

Consider this what should you change with your therapy/sleep based on those events if it’s nothing then there is no need to obsess on every thing. You have some fairly blunt tools at your disposal... more or less pressure and higher or lower pressure support, yo need to go on how you feel and not on the data
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2020, 02:35 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: I don’t understand the desire to analyse every breath, I don’t have UARs so that my be it but it’s about getting the best sleep you can get every night not about analysing every breath from the previous night.

Consider this what should you change with your therapy/sleep based on those events if it’s nothing then there is no need to obsess on every thing. You have some fairly blunt tools at your disposal... more or less pressure and higher or lower pressure support, yo need to go on how you feel and not on the data

It is not an obsession, I believe. I want to learn about the flow limitations that I think are my problem. If I rested well, I would do nothing. I don't rest well and try to put the means to change this. An MRI highlights that there is ischemia in areas of my brain that should not be there with my age. I try to understand how I can stop that ischemia. I attribute it to poor oxygenation: I do not rest well, I have low O2 saturations in sleep that the use of autocpap does not eliminate, it does not matter if I use autocpap or do not use. So, I try to find the way to understand how I can improve my O2 saturation, how I can reduce ischemia to try two things: don't give me a stroke and make my life a little longer. It may not be the best way to study each respiratory disorder. I don't know any better way. If I know the breathing patterns that cause me problems, maybe I can change them. If I don't know them, I can't change anything. As they say very well in the forum: it is MY health, it is MY life. My body, my brain, one life ... I appreciate your interest, anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
The scale to view most things at is 2-3 minutes on the screenshot on a vertical axis that shows the waveform, typically +/- 70 and the zero dotted line showing to separate inhale from exhale.
Did you notice how on the 3rd chart I was able to provide a reasonable analysis and not the other 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2020, 03:05 AM)astracan Wrote: ...I do not rest well, I have low O2 saturations in sleep that the use of autocpap does not eliminate, it does not matter if I use autocpap or do not use...

...It may not be the best way to study each respiratory disorder. I don't know any better way.

I'm not one of the experts here, but this is not the best way.

You need to post complete OSCAR data so that people who are not doctors but very knowledgeable can advise you on what changes you should make to your machine settings to help you get good sleep.

You may be able to adjust your autocpap to fix you sleep issues or you may need another more advanced machine, but there is no way for anyone to know.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Algorithm changes? BelgianWaffle 1 311 01-05-2024, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,644 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 612 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,557 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Periodic Breathing algorithm in OSCAR? hkr3 15 2,179 06-13-2022, 06:55 AM
Last Post: kappa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.