Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hypopnea events and SleepyHead
Hypopnea events and SleepyHead
Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

To download the SleepyHead software, go here:
http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

I'm trying to understand what Hypopnea events are, and how to read the graphs in SleepyHead for them.

It seems that on nights where I didn't have any Hypopnea events, SleepyHead doesn't supply the "Flow Rate" graph -- so I'm guessing they have a lot to do with "Flow Rate" (whatever that is). I have a sneaky suspicion the answer lies in that Flow Rate graph, however it is scaled to -3950 to +3950 so there is no detail.

When I started CPAP treatment, my AHI was dominated by CA & OA events (54 AHI untreated). Last night I had a total of 3 events for the 9 hour session (treatment is obviously working great):
Code:
Hypopnea 2 events:
      #001: 06:12:29 (17)
      #002: 08:40:57 (16)
Obstructive Apnea 1 event:
      #001: 08:30:45 (10)

I'm using SleepyHead v.0.9.4-1 unstable (built Oct 27, 2013).
RE: Hypopnea events and SleepyHead
Something wrong -- SleepyHead always supplies MY flow rate graph -- it's one of, if not the, most important graphs.

You click on the apnea event and SleepyHead will magnify the other graphs, especially Flow, to center on the event.

Which version of SleepyHead are you using?

(There are 3. Release, Beta, and Unstable/nightly).
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Hi herbm -- I'm using SleepyHead v.0.9.4-1 unstable (built Oct 27, 2013).

I may have been wrong originally -- it does seem like the Flow Rate graph is there for most days, but there are some days where that is graph is definitely not shown (no idea why that would be). Interesting that you see this as the most important graph, I typically use the Mask Pressure graph the most.

Attaching screenshots for you.

If the SD card does not store it, the software cannot supply it
S9 SD card stores only 7 days of flow rate data, after that flow rate graph is not displayed

(02-18-2014, 10:47 PM)zonk Wrote: If the SD card does not store it, the software cannot supply it
S9 SD card stores only 7 days of flow rate data, after that flow rate graph is not displayed

Hmm, well it hasn't been 7 days, and all the other graphs are showing fine. Is it just the "Flow Rate" graph that is generated from the "7 day" data-set, and all the other graphs are coming from the "30 day" detailed data-set?

Wonder if I have a buggy machine, or SD card going bad...
If I have ANY detail data then the Flow Rate data is there too.

I am running 0.9.4-1 also (unstable).

If the Event Flags and Pressure Charts charts is there then the Flow Rate should be.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
The fact that the flow rate is scaled to such a high number indicates something is wrong. Because of that scale factor all your normal flows are simply not showing up on the chart. The big flows at 02:35, 04:30, 07:30 and 08:30 are the key to the problem. Did you have unusually large leaks at these times? Or did the hose become detached?

You might want to purge the data for that particular night and see if the flow rate graph reverts to normal.

As far as I know I'm sound asleep at the times you indicated.

To me, it looks like data corruption -- graphs have impossible numbers and breaks in the lines. I guess I'm lucky that SleepyHead is able to render anything at all. I just tried with ResScan and it can't import data from the card at all (just says "Error during download").

I think I'm gonna pick up a new SD card and give that a try tomorrow. Dont-know

Anyhow, I'm attaching another graph zoomed in to the first problem area you mentioned. Does anyone else see this type of craziness in their reports?
Have you tried looking at the same data in ResScan?
The OP said the following: "I just tried with ResScan and it can't import data from the card at all (just says "Error during download").

I think I'm gonna pick up a new SD card and give that a try tomorrow."

There isn't enough info given to know or be able to help the OP with downloading into ResScan. I wonder if the OP installed the drivers or not and maybe that is contributing to the problem. Maybe the OP will give more info on how they downloaded the program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 346 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,396 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.